Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ERAS Funds to Direct Towards Worthy Cause

whiskeygirl Guest

Default Re: ERAS Funds to Direct Towards Worthy Cause

I definatly agree. I'm not against any other ideas that have been brought up, and I'm still trying to think of other ways to use the funds. However I feel that the rescue needs to be the top priority, Neil and Michelle go out of their way 24 hrs a day for all those rescues(doing a fabulous job of it as well), and whatever is going to make things just a lil bit easier for them will not only benefit the critters they are caring for, but the society as a whole.

Is there any legal way for Neil and Michele to be a rescue and a separate entity from ERAS and the club could fund part of the rescue in a bigger capacity than it is doing so now? Neil and Michele would still be members of ERAS...
    The one problem I could see with this though is some other person gets it in his head that "Hey, I'm a rescue too, I should get some of that funding" or would the club be able to decide which rescue it would support?

Steve

Excellent we're all in agreement: Make the rescue a priority. Other ideas presented were:

1) Ducks Unlimited/ similar charity again
    2) Scholarship
    3) ERAS Nature Preserve (in short)
    4) Speakers for presentations
    5) Travel expense for members representing ERAS at Calgary/Red Deer/Eastern Shows
    6) Tables/tablecloths for shows.
    7) Volunteer Appreciation (for all events; pet expo/boo/family day/shows...)

Quote Originally Posted by Apryl View Post
    Excellent we're all in agreement: Make the rescue a priority. Other ideas presented were:

1) Ducks Unlimited/ similar charity again
    2) Scholarship
    3) ERAS Nature Preserve (in short)
    4) Speakers for presentations
    5) Travel expense for members representing ERAS at Calgary/Red Deer/Eastern Shows
    6) Tables/tablecloths for shows.
    7) Volunteer Appreciation (for all events; pet expo/boo/family day/shows...)
    Thanks Apryl, I also feel the tables/tablecloths are (In my opinion anyway) should be next on the list. I feel that ERAS has enough money to address a number of these ideas and make most people happy (of course you cant please everyone)

That is not to say we cant get more great ideas.......

Scott
    SMG
    A&J Decals.....Your Creative Consultants!

Tra La La La....It's all Sunshine, Rainbows, and Lolipops......vel est is?

or maybe we are in Stepford!!!

This may sound silly, but if we're going to get the tablecloths made by a company (I know someone's mom was making a few for us, but I mean enough to cover all of our tables)... wouldn't it be easier to buy the supplies - just like for the rescue's enclosures? I mean, I sew... And it's really easy to do a straight line, and measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Apryl View Post
    This may sound silly, but if we're going to get the tablecloths made by a company (I know someone's mom was making a few for us, but I mean enough to cover all of our tables)... wouldn't it be easier to buy the supplies - just like for the rescue's enclosures? I mean, I sew... And it's really easy to do a straight line, and measure.
    Yes I think it would be financially smarter to buy the material and have it made.

Scott
    SMG
    A&J Decals.....Your Creative Consultants!

Tra La La La....It's all Sunshine, Rainbows, and Lolipops......vel est is?

or maybe we are in Stepford!!!

It was my mom and that is what we did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It was my mom and that is what we did in the past.

Awwww your mom rocks

Shannon
    "Never follow the herd because someday you'll realize you have lost a diamond while you were busy collecting stones"

I agree that the rescue should be first on the list, i do however really like Ians idea. Not only is it more of what the society is about, but i might also give us more recognition. I'm sure there are poeple all over edmonton who don't even know we exist, it may also help our shows.

Also, have we thought about donating to the Blue Iguana Recovery Program?
    Melanie Coulson;

Consider it added to the list Melanie. Being a local program is NOT a requirement for our expenditures.
    Ian Kanda