Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eras summer vacation!!!!!!

Talking Eras summer vacation!!!!!!

As some of you have heard at the meetings, ERAS will be going on vacation!

The weekend of July 10-12 we will be going to Reptile World in Drumheller! We have a group camping area booked at the Dinosaur Trail RV Resort, and there will also be arrangements made with a local hotel for those who prefer a few more luxuries. ERAS will pay everyone's admission into Reptile World and we are making arrangements for a customized tour. Group rates will also be available for the Royal Tyrell Museum on the alternate day. Keep your eyes peeled here for more information and pricing for camping/hotel! If you are at all interested, please PM me so I can keep you informed on booking information, but in the mean time, make sure you keep that weekend free.

Cindy

PS- This event is being organized for ERAS members only, so if you're interested, and are not a member, or your membership has expired, please drop me a line so we can make arrangements to take care of your membership

PPS- Keep an eye out here for some exciting news about a membership drive as well

Default Re: Eras summer vacation!!!!!!

ERAS Summer Vacation '09 REPTILE WORLD/Drumheller

On Saturday July 11/09, ERAS Members are welcome to attend a tour of Reptile World in Drumheller. ERAS will cover the admission for all members, but we ask that you please RSVP with the number of you that will be attending to membership@edmontonreptiles.com
    For those interested in staying overnight, reservations have also been made and spots are being held until the end of June for camping at Dinosaur Trail RV Resort, which is 11 kms west of Drumheller, for the nights of July 10th and 11th 2009. For anyone interested in attending, you can contact Dinosaur Trail directly to book your campsite and make arrangements for payment. The phone number there is 403.823.9333. We are booked in the overflow area of the resort, to allow all of us to be together. These spots are not serviced, so if you are bringing a trailer/RV and need hookups, you will have to make seperate arrangements for booking. Some ERAS members requiring hookups will be staying in the Arizona area of the campsite which is close enough to walk down and socialize with the group.

Dinosaur Trail RV Resort features the followng ammenities

• Washrooms & Showers • Heated Swimming pool • Laundry facilites • Sani Dump Station
    • Convenience store • Recreational hall • Wireless Internet Available ($)
    • Playground • Propane-bottle & auto • Video Arcade ($) • Canoe rentals
    Also, for anyone prefering to stay but not looking to camp, there are numerous hotels right in Drumheller including but not limited to

Best Western Diamond Inn 403-823-7700
    http://www.bestwesternalberta.com
    The Urban Place Bed and Breakfast 403-823-9421
    http://www.urbanplace.ca
    The Lodge 403-823-3322
    http://www.thelodgedrumheller.com
    Field of Dreams Bed and Breakfast 403-677-2446
    http://www.fieldofdreamsbedbreakfast.ca
    Anyone interested in further details about what each of those hotels offer can also e-mail me at membership@edmontonreptiles.com. And thanks to Krystal(leezard) for doing the research on these accomodations
    For Everyone attending, ERAS will be holding a BBQ at dinosaur Trail RV Resort on Saturday night and will be providing food and non-alcoholic beverages. Please be sure to RSVP so we can plan for what will be needed that night.

A reminder that this is a family event, so act accordingly. Also, we are required to follow the rules of the campsite, so when booking, please inquire about any special requests. I do believe animals are allowed, but speak to the people running the site about specific details and requirements.

Looking forward to getting out and seeing all of you again in July. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me

Cindy

PS this event is being organized for our members, so if you're interested in attending and are not a member, or your membership has expired, please get a hold of me ASAP so we can get you signed up again! Thanks!
    Last edited by Cinderz; 06-02-2009 at 04:06 PM.

I forgot to mention that people will be responsible for their own transportation to and from Drumheller/Reptile World. If you are either in need of a ride, or have room in your vehicle for other ERAS members, please let me know and I'll help you get in touch with either a rider or driver.

If enough people are interested, we can arrange for a group booking for the Royal Tyrell Museum on Sunday, but ERAS will not be covering the cost of admission.

I will be confirming with the campsite on just how many people are allowed per site, as well as confirming just how late visitors who may be staying at a hotel in town can visit for the BBQ

Any more questions, feel free to either PM or e-mail me

Cindy

For those of you wondering about bringing non-ERAS members(family and friends) to the event, there will be a $3 charge for admission, and an additional $3 for the BBQ. Of if interested, they can purchase an ERAS membership until the end of the month for either $12 until the end of the year, or $36 until the end of next year. I'm starting to get a rough idea how many will be attending, so I will talk to Reptile World and set an exact time, as it looks like they can do the tour in one large group rather than splitting us into two smaller ones.

OK I have recieved my first request for a ride, so if anyone has room for one more person, please e-mail/PM me and I'll put you in touch. Thanks

Hey Everyone!

I've heard about a lot of people coming, but most of it is second hand, so if you're planning on making the trip to Drumheller, please RSVP so we can plan for food and make sure Reptile World is prepared for all of us. You can PM me here or e-mail me at membership@edmontonreptiles.com

Again, I have recieved minimal RSVP's about who will be attending. I need numbers before I can finalize times with Reptile World, but plan on attending mid to late afternoon on Saturday. I've also heard via others that there is interest in the group rates for the Tyrell Museum but no one has contacted me to let me know if they are intersted and if it is worth pursuing. I've also been told it is difficult to get through to the campground, unfortunately I dont' have an alternate number but you can try contacting them through e-mail if you cant' get through by phone. If you have any questions, or have not yet let me know if you're attending, please e-mail me at membership@edmontonreptiles.com

Thanks

Cindy

OK I stand corrected, unfortunately reservations can only be made at the campsite by telephone, not e-mail. I'm sorry about that, but this is something that is out of my control. I've had the best luck reachign them towards the end of the day, if that helps.

I just talked to the campground and a total of 4 sites have been reserved. Including my site, Neil and Michele, Scott and Shannon and Ollie have booked sites. According to the list I have, at least 6 more groups said they are coming. If you are planning to go, please book your site soon so we have we can plan the BBQ and the trip to Reptile World. Hope to see everyone there.
    Neil Tyreman
    Arctic Circle Herpetological Supply Co.
    neil.tyreman@alberta-gecko.com
    780-462-8167

OK I have sent out a PM to everyone who has replied that they will be attending, letting you know further details. If you still plan on coming to Drumheller but haven't let me know, please PM or e-mail me ASAP. Have a wonderful time everyone, and be sure to take lots of pictures

C