Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dart Frogs from our group order

Default Re: New Dart Frogs from our group order

I had the black and blue, 90% black, green and bronze, 90% bronze and green, Ancon hill, and another that had a bold black body, much bigger than the Ancon hill and the dots were teal instead of the combination of bronze and faded green.

Oh ya, I forgot about the bronze and blue morphs. Sounds like you had some very cool ones. Wish you still had them... I'm sure you do too.

Take care.
    Corey H, Commercial Photographer and Electrician www.TrogPhoto.com
    -- African Fat-tail Gecko, Poison Dart Frog, White's and Red-Eyed Tree Frogs, Oriental Firebelly Toads, Gold Dust & Standings Day Gecko experience --

For anyone who's interested, Corey B and myself have 8 D. leucomelas, 4 D. galactonotus (orange splashback), and 4 D. tinctorius (alanis). They eat like pigs!!! We just got the house sprayed for pests today and haven't had time. The glass needs to be cleaned and the top of the tank must be untaped/saranwraped (safety precautions we took for the spraying). Plus we're planning for a vacation to calgary and up through red deer for you-know-what. Well, I'm planning the vacation. He's just coming with me. Pictures later.

If you're that desperate, why don't you just come look at them yourself Neil? The frogs look waaaay cooler in person, anyways.

I was also in on the little frog order. I got 4 blue leg ventrimaculatus, 4 orange splash back galactonotus and 4 Saul yellow back tinctorius. I'll post pics this weekend.

If you're that desperate, why don't you just come look at them yourself Neil? The frogs look waaaay cooler in person, anyways.
    When are you around ? I'm on holidays for 2 weeks and nothing in particular to do.

My (no longer owned) species:

12 E.tricolor (I know this isn't the new scientific name, but during the time I was in the trade it still was, so I shall remember them as such in memorium)
    2 D.pumilio (red/green morph)
    8 D.leucomelas (orange phase)
    8. D.azureus
    4 D.tinctorius (suriname cobalt)
    22 D.auratus

I miss them so much

Finally got around to taking a few pics of my new frogs from the group order. I've split them up so that i can fit the pics of each species into one post. Hope you like them.

First, some O. pumilio "Guaramo." I've found their colour can really range depending on "mood," from mustard to lemon yellow. I already have a male that is calling!

And my new favorites, still tiny but eating like pigs! D. tinctorius "Matecho." The pictures don't do them justice, but they're tricky little devils to photograph, always disappearing under the plants just when the camera fires.

Enjoy!

Duncan

Beautiful Duncan! Love the Pumilio's and the orange Tinc best. I hope to be able to post some photos of mine later today.
    -- African Fat-tail Gecko, Poison Dart Frog, White's and Red-Eyed Tree Frogs, Oriental Firebelly Toads, Gold Dust & Standings Day Gecko experience --

OK, here goes. Here are some semi-quick shots of my Darts - starting with the big tank (although, I will likely be building another larger tank soon to divide them up better - I ended up buying a few more than I was initially going to and they will be a little crowded when full grown):

My older male D. Leucomelas (no photo of the new younger one yet, it hides a LOT):

Two of my 4 C. Azurieventris:

and poor shot of one of my two shy D. Imitator (I'll have to get a better one later):