Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: New Dart Frogs from our group order

Default Re: New Dart Frogs from our group order

Come on by sometime! With the changes, it's more roomy now too. Call ahead though, I'm not always here.
    Corey H, Commercial Photographer and Electrician www.TrogPhoto.com
    -- African Fat-tail Gecko, Poison Dart Frog, White's and Red-Eyed Tree Frogs, Oriental Firebelly Toads, Gold Dust & Standings Day Gecko experience --

So, I've been having this Spindley Leg Syndrome (SLS) problem for a long time now - I have two Azureus tadpoles left, and the older one is showing signs it likely has the problem as well. Here are some photos of it in it's current stage.

It's been floating sideways and upside down for a few weeks now, and I've been trying to figure out why. It seems to have air bubbles in it's belly - I had others before like this, and thought it was 'Gas Bubble Disease' - whether or not it is called that, it seems to be simply air between the outer layer of skin that can't get out, because the front feet are too weak to push their way out of that layer of skin. I was photographing this tad, and "POP", a little bubble of air came out where a front leg should be, and then I noticed a front foot poking out. It is currently trying to get it's other leg out, but doesn't have the strength in it.

It seems that if the added UV lights are the cure to SLS, they are most critical from the very beginning of life. These Azureus Tincs are from February - they grow much slower than Ventrimaculatus tads.

-- African Fat-tail Gecko, Poison Dart Frog, White's and Red-Eyed Tree Frogs, Oriental Firebelly Toads, Gold Dust & Standings Day Gecko experience --

Mwa. Poor little nuggets. Hopefully you figure out what's going on, Corey!
    Krystal

I have two young adult R. Ventrimaculatus frogs for sale here: http://www.edmontonreptiles.com/foru...read.php?31673

I was told u can help me out with dart frogs and maybe a tank ready to go

Resurrecting this old, old thread. Selling off the last of my frogs with tanks in order to reduce responsibilities, and encourage world travel. ;-) Check the classified ads here on ERAS.