Thread: Fruit Juice for crested geckos

Yeroptok Guest

Default Fruit Juice for crested geckos

This is just a thought I had. Can you give fruit juice to crested geckos? And would they drink it(in addition to a water dish)?

I know with my rabbits I can give them low sodium vegetable juice to give them extra vitamins and they love it. Could a similar thing be done with crested geckos, should it be done? It's really just something I pondered drinking fruit juice.

The thing that makes me think against it is lack of fibre, but for a gecko that eats anyways I can't see that being a huge issue. Well any thoughts?

Default Re: Fruit Juice for crested geckos

I can't see any problems associated with this as long as the gecko continues to eat it's regular diet.
    Ian Kanda

I have never heard of fruit juice being used, but you would need to stay away from citrus juices or any other juice with a high acid content like apple juice. Also it would need to be pure juice, ie no sugar added. I honestly think fruit puree would be the best thing.
    Neil Tyreman
    Arctic Circle Herpetological Supply Co.
    neil.tyreman@alberta-gecko.com
    780-462-8167

majesty Guest

citric acid is used as a presevrative in many fruit baby foods. I haven't had any luck with them eating various types of juices in either infancy or adulthood.