Thread: Help at Edmonton Humane Society

Default Help at Edmonton Humane Society

I know the ERAS runs its ownrescue but I saw this on the Edmonton humane society FB page- if there's any extra supplies floating around maybe ERAS could help?

URGENT — SPECIAL ITEMS NEEDED!

Yesterday, our animal protection department made a large seizure of exotic animals.

To provide proper care, we desperately require:

- aquariums with secure lids (all sizes)
    - heat lamps
    - heat bulbs
    - reptile water dishes
    - frozen snake food

Please SHARE.

THANK YOU to Adrian T. from Paradise Pet Centre for his expertise and guidance.

*Please note, as this is an open investigation, we cannot release any further details at this time.

#yeg #donate #animals
    ~Lauren~
    Keanu the Reeves Turtle, 3 Tiger Sallies- Benedict, Carlton and the 12 (ish) year old Buddy, Lavender the Leopard Gecko, Marvin and Elvis the guinea pigs, Hoodoo the gargoyle gecko, Irwin, a childrens python, Tiberius the Corn Snake, Sherlock the Cat, and Lacey the Dog

Default Re: Help at Edmonton Humane Society

Given that they already have a mite infestation, this is truly sad news.
    --
    .5.1 rosy boas, 0.2 leucistic Texas rat snakes, 1.0 blotched king snake, 1.0 eastern indigo snake, 1.0 corn snake
    , 1.0 ball python, 0.1 tri-color hognose snake, 0.1 red mountain rat snake, 1.1.1 crested geckos.
    --

I dropped off a exo-terra tank and canopy light, 3 small exoterra dome lamps, a heat pad, some hides, some dishes, some carpeting, and told them I would return on monday to likely drop another few canopies and dome lamps off. I hope they are forthcoming with some details of the animals involved in the seizure so the community can better understand the donation needs. It would be nice to know if they need snake racks, large tanks, high wattage bulbs, etc. but I couldn't confirm any species of animals seized. If anyone receives any new information on this, I'd love to hear about it.
    Snakes: Thamnophis sirtalis tetrataenia, Lampropeltis pyromelana, Lampropeltis zonata agalma (bartlett phase), Lampropeltis triangulum campbelli
    Lizards & Geckos: Tribolonotus novaeguineae, Goniurosaurus luii, Lamprolepis smaragdina, Eublepharis macularius, Paroedura pictus, Lepidothyris fernandi, Emoia nigra, Uroplatus Sikorae, Plestiodon fasciatus, Leiocephalus personatus, Hemidactylus frenatus

As an aside, bigshynepo, I'm really liking your species list. Let's get some pictures up!

I can tell you that for at least one animal, pinky to small hopper mice, and large invertebrates would be greatly appreciated.
    Ian Kanda

Thanks all! I've been checking their website, and right now it looks like about 5-6 boas recently came into care. It's probably not everyone though.
    ~Lauren~
    Keanu the Reeves Turtle, 3 Tiger Sallies- Benedict, Carlton and the 12 (ish) year old Buddy, Lavender the Leopard Gecko, Marvin and Elvis the guinea pigs, Hoodoo the gargoyle gecko, Irwin, a childrens python, Tiberius the Corn Snake, Sherlock the Cat, and Lacey the Dog

Lauren, from what I understand, none of the animals seized have been listed for adoption as there are legal proceedings regarding the seizure. Since they weren't surrendered to the humane society, there is a process to follow for seized animals before they are made available to the public. I will be going back on Monday to assess their needs for equipment and try to get some information on what has been confiscated and under what circumstance.
    Snakes: Thamnophis sirtalis tetrataenia, Lampropeltis pyromelana, Lampropeltis zonata agalma (bartlett phase), Lampropeltis triangulum campbelli
    Lizards & Geckos: Tribolonotus novaeguineae, Goniurosaurus luii, Lamprolepis smaragdina, Eublepharis macularius, Paroedura pictus, Lepidothyris fernandi, Emoia nigra, Uroplatus Sikorae, Plestiodon fasciatus, Leiocephalus personatus, Hemidactylus frenatus

Oh good to know! Thank you!
    ~Lauren~