Thread: Lost My Pacman :(

Default Lost My Pacman :(

So, I have had my Pacman for less than 2 weeks. Everything seemed good until one day i noticed that he had not moved out of his water dish. he sat here for almost 2 days until Saturday came along, cleaning day. My son and i removed him from the dish and put him in a holding tank so we could clean the main one. once finished i placed him back in his home and noticed that he started quivering. it was an odd action where he leaned back and gently quivered. Shortly after several days of not eating or moving i found him dead one morning and of course my son was in shock. Does anyone know if the shaking was a sign of something? Could have have drank to much while spending so much time in the water dish?

Default Re: Lost My Pacman :(

Was the water properly dechlorinated ? My pacman did not sit in his water dish the way some species of frogs do. Was there enough heat in his enclosure? Was he eating well before this?

Ditto on the dechlorinated water.
    It is an amphibian & subject to being "poisoned" thru it's skin by chemicals etc. in tap water that are harmless to us mammals or even our reptiles, but will harm amphibians & fish etc. Mark
    Mark's GONE SNAKEE! No PMs please email at gonesnakee@shaw.ca
    Working with select Colubrids (Corns, GB Kings, EIs) and Woma Pythons
    All stock parasite free and established on F/T prey (unless stated otherwise)

These guys can also be subjected to hypocalcemia; with dangerously low levels causing tremors that may not be noticed until you move/interact with the animal. Chlorine in water generally doesn't kill them but can certainly be irritating, depends on your water source. Dechlorinating is a good idea. Other toxicities can cause tremors, pesticides being a common one.
    Ian Kanda