Thread: Where to find critters/seeds?

Question Where to find critters/seeds?

Hey there,

I already have a well established setup for my crested gecko with a very well grown dracaena and a ficus benj..

What I'm missing now are the isopods and other little critters I need to help with the compost.. Where can I buy these?

I also want some fast growing vining plants (wandering jew, peperomia species, pilea "creeping charlie" .. I can get seeds for these and grow them myself if anyone knows where I can source these?

I live in Fort McMurray so I can't just hop over to the store

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Where to find critters/seeds?

Your local home depot probably has pothos or ivy; both hardy, fast growing vines. Your isopods will probably have to wait until you can come down to Edmonton.
    Ian Kanda

If you are ever in Edmonton, Herp Diner sells isopods and springtails; Ellerslie Gift & Garden sells many tropicals, as does Hole's Greenhouse. Jungle Jewels sells all of this stuff and might ship? I believe they're in southern AB.
    --
    .5.1 rosy boas, 0.2 leucistic Texas rat snakes, 1.0 blotched king snake, 1.0 eastern indigo snake, 1.0 corn snake
    , 1.0 ball python, 0.1 tri-color hognose snake, 0.1 red mountain rat snake, 1.1.1 crested geckos.
    --

Thanks guys! I'll have to check those places out when I come to Edmonton.