Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eras Spring Expo

Default Eras Spring Expo

At the Fall show, they were handing out flyers with the new location and date of the spring Expo. Was wondering if someone could post it on the forum?

Default Re: Eras Spring Expo

Saturday - MAY 28th from 10am until 5pm
    Sunday - MAY 29th
    from 11am until 4pm

Italian Culture Center • 14230 133 Ave NW • Edmonton, AB

poster is on www.edmontonreptiles.com. You probably miss it if you bookmark the forums only.
    Ian Kanda

Does anyone know if there will be gtps there ?
    Thanks

Every show we go through this: does anyone know if species X will be there? The ERAS executive in no way makes requests for specific species to be made available by the vendors. About the only thing ERAS can tell you is which vendors have purchased table space, the society doesn't keep a record of who sells X (or sold X previously). They've been at the show before, they might be there in the upcoming expo, they might not. If someone were really interested, the best way they could get an accurate answer would be to contact the vendors and ask what they intend to bring. As it is, the executive is typically swamped trying to orchestrate the expo as it is and make things run as smoothly as possible. While the concept of an expo "registry" probably has its merits, considering the difficulty ERAS has with rounding up enough people to run the expo, it isn't something that I think is currently on its radar. However, I open an invitation towards those who think a product registry for our expos is important, to step forward with their enthusiasm and put desire into action!

Well said Colin.
    Ollie Meidinger

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Herpetologic View Post
    Every show we go through this: does anyone know if species X will be there? The ERAS executive in no way makes requests for specific species to be made available by the vendors. About the only thing ERAS can tell you is which vendors have purchased table space, the society doesn't keep a record of who sells X (or sold X previously). They've been at the show before, they might be there in the upcoming expo, they might not. If someone were really interested, the best way they could get an accurate answer would be to contact the vendors and ask what they intend to bring. As it is, the executive is typically swamped trying to orchestrate the expo as it is and make things run as smoothly as possible. While the concept of an expo "registry" probably has its merits, considering the difficulty ERAS has with rounding up enough people to run the expo, it isn't something that I think is currently on its radar. However, I open an invitation towards those who think a product registry for our expos is important, to step forward with their enthusiasm and put desire into action!

Well excuse me. I don't know who sells what or who's going to be there. I have no idea. Thought I would ask people who do know. No need to get so defensive.

I think our super-friendly reptile society can do a little better than that at welcoming a new, 'first-post' forum member.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome Amanda! Thanks for joining and hopefully we can see you at a meeting or two in the future.
    Things are hectic in the society right now as we prep for the spring Expo. Remember this year, the expo is at the Italian Cultural Center.
    As mentioned above, there is no procedure for tracking all the vendor offerings at the shows. It would be as challenging as providing a list of everything for sale at a flea market.

The vendor list below is current as of Mid-April and most of the vendors can be searched on facebook. I may also suggest joining some of the Alberta Reptile facebook groups out there,
    if you post your "GTPs at ERAS Expo?" question, you'll hopefully get some replies for vendors that might have them on offer. Remember, the ERAS expo is a captive-bred only show.

You can also join the E.R.A.S. Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/786309438168019
    Look forward to seeing you at the expo!

Ollie Meidinger
    Tarantula Canada
    Arctic circle
    Amber and Michael Tyreman
    Got Reptiles
    Lorie's Exotics
    Nature's Aura Photography
    TLCs Reptlies
    The Crested Castle
    Falconridge Farms
    Robinson's Royals
    Arachnophiliacs
    Just Geckos
    Kendra’s Kreations
    Superior Constrictors
    Canadian Mouseman
    Darwin's Reptiles
    Cornel's World
    StickyToes
    First Strike Snakes
    Big D Exotics
    Sean Fergeson Reptiles
    Kryptonian Reptiles
    Pied Pusher
    Jungle Jewel Exotics
    Crazy Colubrids
    Big Al's
    Beth Mulligan
    Western Reptiles
    (REAL) Initiative
    Charming Corns
    New World Reptiles
    Connor Corns
    Paradise pets
    Park Vet
    Arc
    Fish guys
    ERAS raffle
    ERAS Membership
    TARAS
    BARS
    Edmonton Reptile Rescue and Rehab
    Last edited by bigshynepo; 05-12-2016 at 09:46 AM. Reason: grammar
    Snakes: Thamnophis sirtalis tetrataenia, Lampropeltis pyromelana, Lampropeltis zonata agalma (bartlett phase), Lampropeltis triangulum campbelli
    Lizards & Geckos: Tribolonotus novaeguineae, Goniurosaurus luii, Lamprolepis smaragdina, Eublepharis macularius, Paroedura pictus, Lepidothyris fernandi, Emoia nigra, Uroplatus Sikorae, Plestiodon fasciatus, Leiocephalus personatus, Hemidactylus frenatus

Thank for posting the informative list, bigshynepo!
    It's always important to remember the newcomers that aren't familiar with the shows

Also: The Spring shows typically have older stock. The Fall shows start to have many more babies available. It's unlikely to find many adult GTPs, but you might get lucky with a few neonates later in the year (so long as you're not looking for a specific locality, then you'll have more selection).

Last year, I saw a few vendors with GTPs throughout the year but can't recall if they were at the ERAS spring show at all
    - Danielle
    "Snakes are just tails with faces."
    Lots of geckos,lots of snakes, lots of cats,a bunny thrown in there for good measureand a dog

Quote Originally Posted by Vasiliki View Post
    Thank for posting the informative list, bigshynepo!
    It's always important to remember the newcomers that aren't familiar with the shows

Also: The Spring shows typically have older stock. The Fall shows start to have many more babies available. It's unlikely to find many adult GTPs, but you might get lucky with a few neonates later in the year (so long as you're not looking for a specific locality, then you'll have more selection).

Last year, I saw a few vendors with GTPs throughout the year but can't recall if they were at the ERAS spring show at all
    Thank you everyone for all the information =) I will also check out the facebook group.
    Krypotnian reptiles haha love that name