Thread: Can established Vivariums be Transported?

Default Can established Vivariums be Transported?

I love the look of these and admire those who put them together. I don't have the time or tools to build one myself (and probably lack the skill set as well). However, I have always been interested in purchasing an established one - complete with buckets, filters, lights etc. However my concern has always been the transport and whether it would be damaged. Can Vivariums be transported easily? How difficult are they to maintain once established?

And does anyone even sell them?

Default Re: Can established Vivariums be Transported?

Try contacting morphman, he might be able to make one for you. Also Jungle Jewels had some available at the last expo. They are definitely easier to maintain once they are established, it's getting it all started that takes work and patience. Transport I would get one of them to chip in, I have transported mine short distances (in my car) very carefully and it was alright. You will have to drain the water though, and it is probably a bit more difficult if there is a sculpted water feature.
    Snakes, Lizards, Frogs, Salamanders, Newts, Tarantulas, Scorpions, etc.

Hello. We do transport our living vivarriums to shows. We will be at the Calgary show as well as the Edmonton show for the first time this year. We will have several vivs available there.

Dawn
    Jungle Jewel Exotics Visit us on face book at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jungl...56404784421390 We specialize in captive bread dart frogs and dwarf day geckos Over two hundred frogs from 33 species.

awesome

Just out of curiousity, what do these usually run cost wise?

we sell 18x18x24 custom built with well established hard to find plants and mosses for $500-600

Dawn
    Jungle Jewel Exotics Visit us on face book at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jungl...56404784421390 We specialize in captive bread dart frogs and dwarf day geckos Over two hundred frogs from 33 species.

I have one that I'm trying to sell (24" x 18" x 24"), as I am moving. I'm asking $300.

Check it out: http://www.edmontonreptiles.com/foru...arium-for-sale