Thread: HELP-- reeves turtles

Question HELP-- reeves turtles

Hi I have two chinese golden thread turtles and I'm interested in getting a reeves turtle. At the pet store they are selling them for 400 each and he told me they are really rare and I most likely won't get one at the reptile show.. I'm wondering if anyone know the chances of them being there and if they are going to be around the same price

Default Re: HELP-- reeves turtles

lol, they aren't rare; them and the golden thread turtles have been at the past two shows. It's whatever breeders/importers have going.
    ps, if a turtle is truly rare, don't buy it as it likely is smuggled. Just do your homework before buying.
    ps, look up quarantine and mixed species enclosures; information that you may need.
    Ian Kanda

I think they also even had stink pots at the last expo, there was a bit of everything
    As for price, I really don't remember but I am pretty sure they were not $400

$200-250 for reeves
    Ian Kanda

The Reeves & Stinkpots here in Calgary at Tanks-A-Lot are listed at $225 each, they also have 1 Chinese golden thread turtle @ $125, not bad for retail prices, Mark
    P.S. I bet if you talk to Jim at J&Js here in Calgary he can set you up with a good deal as well
    Mark's GONE SNAKEE! No PMs please email at gonesnakee@shaw.ca
    Working with select Colubrids (Corns, GB Kings, EIs) and Woma Pythons
    All stock parasite free and established on F/T prey (unless stated otherwise)