Thread: Galapagos Tortoise Babies

Arrow Galapagos Tortoise Babies

Jerry Fife, renowned tortoise breeder and author, had his Galapagos tortoise babies at the Phoenix Reptile Show in November.
    $5000 a piece but I think they were more for display only. He donated 2 eggs for a raffle to benefit the local reptile rescue (with over 1700 reptiles in refuge).
    I doubt I'll ever see babies of this species in person again so it was thrilling to see. Due to logistics, the parents were not at the show (they are stupid heavy - like 400lbs).
    They take about 18 years to mature and these 'babies' were 6-7" across and almost as tall. Sorry for the blurry pics, the show was packed.

IMG_20141116_133725.jpgIMG_20141116_133729.jpg
    Last edited by bigshynepo; 12-12-2014 at 10:32 PM.
    Snakes: Thamnophis sirtalis tetrataenia, Lampropeltis pyromelana, Lampropeltis zonata agalma (bartlett phase), Lampropeltis triangulum campbelli
    Lizards & Geckos: Tribolonotus novaeguineae, Goniurosaurus luii, Lamprolepis smaragdina, Eublepharis macularius, Paroedura pictus, Lepidothyris fernandi, Emoia nigra, Uroplatus Sikorae, Plestiodon fasciatus, Leiocephalus personatus, Hemidactylus frenatus

Default Re: Galapagos Tortoise Babies

That's so exciting! They look like little rocks, lol.
    0.2.0 Leopard Geckos- Gaia and Jasmine, 1.1.0 Bearded Dragons- Bracken and Petal, 1.0.0 Mexican Rosy Boa- Vlad, 0.0.1 Red Footed Tortoise- Morla, 0.0.1 Blue Tongue Skink- Skittle
    www.facebook.com/AuburnCreations

Default Re: Galapagos Tortoise Babies

wow that's amazing !
    Alexanderyana Aka Ellie
    0.1.0 Bearded Dragon, 40 Leapord/Crestied ,Gargoyle ,Fat Tail Geckos,0.1.0 Cuban Knight Anole,1.1.0 Diamond Back Turtle, 0.1.0 Black Breasted Leaf Turtle. 1.1.0. Corn Snakes, 1.0.0 Sand Boa,1.0.0 Bumblee Bee BP,0.0.1 Lemon Pastel BP, 1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake, 0.0.2 Axolotls,0.0.5 Trantulas, 3 Cats, 2 Dogs.