Thread: New plant for red foot tortoise

Default New plant for red foot tortoise

So I bought some spiderplants, ficus plants and hostas for my red foot about a month ago. I've rinsed the roots off thoroughly and replanted them with organic non fertilized soil. I've also rinsed the leaves off a number of times. So my question is how long should I wait before putting these plants in with my red foot. From research I've done it seems 2 months but would just like some more input. Thanks for any advice

Default Re: New plant for red foot tortoise

They should be fine, your primary concern is to wash off the pesticides used at the store.
    Ian Kanda

So...you are going to the trouble of planting an enclosure for a herbivore...how long do you think the tortoise is going to appreciate the view before it decides it would rather be devouring the décor?
    Adam Foster 780-757-8538 Orchids, vivaria, and a few other things
    Find me on Flickr: lordoftheswarms

I'm not doing it for my torts view. I plan on my tortoise eating these plants. That's why I chose plants that would be safe for her to eat. Also it's why I was wondering how long I should wait to put the plants in with the tortoise making sure the plants were safe from any fertilizers or pesticides.

I have plants in with my Russian tortoises.
    Ian Kanda