Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Reptile Enthusiast's Meeting June 2014!!

Default Alberta Reptile Enthusiast's Meeting June 2014!!

The Alberta Reptile and Amphibian Society is happy to present the 2014 Alberta Reptile Enthusiasts Meeting (AREM) June 14th.

Join us and snake researcher Adam Martinson searching for prairie rattlesnakes and other Alberta wildlife in Dinosaur Provincial Park. Assist in tagging and collecting data on these “data deficient” snake populations in the park. This is a fantastic social event to interact with other TARAS members, and visit one of Alberta’s beautiful parks for a once in a life time experience! We will be meeting in the early am on the Saturday in the park for a hike and collection with Adam M, and are trying to arrange several other fun things to do relating to reptiles and dinosaurs!

We have arranged for camp sites with power in Dinosaur Provincial Park (NOT Drumheller but in Brooks) for those wishing to stay overnight on sat and return home on the Sunday. We will have time for an ERAS / TARAS social gathering on the sat evening to allow us to talk about the societies, future plans, and local endeavors.
    Due to the nature of what we are hunting – sightings are not guaranteed, but in every prior trip participants have found snakes. Each individual on the trip has the opportunity to safely (and legally) hold a rattlesnake. In several past trips we have found multiple handleable bullsnakes!! This is a fantastic experience for all reptile enthusiasts!

Trip cost is $40 (which is a straight donation to Adam M) and includes round trip transportation from Calgary to Dinosaur Provincial Park. 100% of the charge is matched by TARAS and donated directly to Adam's research which amounts to $80 per participant. He has used the funds from past trips to purchase tags and equipment for his ongoing study.

Included in the cost is a TARAS membership (or renewal). You must be 14 years or older, with minors accompanied with an adult. (Any younger guests are at discretion of the TARAS board and insurance regulations – please let me know if you are wanting to bring someone younger than 14 and we will see what we can do to accommodate).

Spaces are filling up quickly! This is a must-not-miss event!

Email – andreawitko@hotmail.com to secure your spot today!!

Default Re: Alberta Reptile Enthusiast's Meeting June 2014!!

I am looking forward to this and hope I can fit it into an already busy June. Following tradition, ERAS will also offer a free membership to all attendees if it's preferred due to location. I strongly encourage anyone from anywhere in Alberta to attend. It's an underutilized event each year that attendees rave about. Don't miss out!
    Ian Kanda

Just a reminder now that the show excitement has passed that we are actually VERY close to the AREM meeting / rattlesnake event!

If you are interested please let me know as soon as you can

is there an extra cost for staying at the campsite? Can we just meet in drumheller rather than drive to calgary, id sooner have my vehicle with me.
    http://kryptonianreptiles.webs.com
    Kryptonian Reptiles is now on facebook, add as a friend.
    Can't stop playing with my balls!

Dinosaur provincial park is out by Brooks, not in Drumheller. Drumheller isn't on the way from Calgary either. Both times I went I used my own Vehicle.
    5.7 Carpet Pythons - 1.1 Woma Pythons - 0.0.1 GTP - 1.1 Mandarin Ratsnakes - 1.1 Unicolor Cribo

ok, thought it was drumheller, whens the latest to book for this? I am waiting for our tax return otherwise it will simply cost to much this time with the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonian View Post
    ok, thought it was drumheller, whens the latest to book for this? I am waiting for our tax return otherwise it will simply cost to much this time with the gas.
    It will most likely be when it fills up, as it can be a very popular event!

Yes lets clarify that as it is a very frequent misconception. Dinosaur Provincial Park is a couple of hours east of Calgary half an hour from Brooks. Not near Drumheller. I'd suggest if some ERAS folks want to come for the weekend they look at carpooling. Google says about a 5.5 hour drive from Edmonton.
    Jason Clevett
    Award-Winning Reptile Parties - Now In Edmonton!
    www.edmontonreptileparties.com
    www.calgaryreptileparties.com

just found out taxes wont be in till july next time.

Unfortunately, this is too short of a notice for me to attend.
    Ollie Meidinger

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.