Thread: This makes me sick

Default Re: This makes me sick

Ditto sickening the things humans do.

Default Re: This makes me sick

It's absolutely stupid what some people do. I think the reason people abandon animals is that they actually feel better about it than euthanize them, even though some rational thought the subject would conclude that the animal is likely to suffer and die a painful death due to your actions. It's out of sight and out of mind. You feel better because you don't have to think about it.

I recall when I was young we raised sheep. One day my brother found a burlap sack with a frozen lamb in it. Someone had anonymously dropped it off at the end of our driveway. Why? did they think it would be better cared for at our place? who knows. It was well below zero and baby animals don't do well out in the cold. They could have come up the driveway and given it to us at our house, the worst thing that could have happened is that we'd have said no. But no, out of sight and out of mind. The quicker you get rid of something the quicker you can forget about it.

Emotionally, I'd rather put a hatchling snake that isn't going to make it into garbage and put it outside and forget about it. It's painful to put them down. But since since I care about the animals and not just my feelings, I put them down and make sure they die without pain.
    Someone who does this with healthy animals shows they care nothing for the creature itself and owned it purely for selfish reasons with no regard for the animal's life. It's really cool to know that this society is filled with true animal lovers. People who actually have love for their animals.
    Hatchling Corn Snakes for sale!
    Amel, Butter, Caramel, Amber, Hypo, Bloodred, and Normal
    PM if interested, will send pictures upon request.