Thread: Where can i buy turtles in Edmonton alberta

Default Where can i buy turtles in Edmonton alberta

Hey i have been looking on the internet for a while for turtles specifically like yellow belly turtles red belly turtles and red eared slider's
    and i have not had much luck all i have seen are US breeders can people reading this post some links to places where i can buy the turtles listed or any good cheep turtles

Default Re: Where can i buy turtles in Edmonton alberta

Read my response in your other thread, but you won't find US prices on most herp's in Canada; but especially turtles. These species breed very readily when kept outdoors in Florida. Not so much in Canada. Further, you cannot import turtles for sale into Canada.
    Ian Kanda

If you're looking for cheap im sure you could find a rescue red ear in the city.

Contact the ERAS Rescue.
    2.0 Felines, 3.2 Leopard Geckos, 2.2 Crested Geckos, 0.1.2 Gargoyle Gecko 0.1 Chauhoua Gecko, 8.12 Cornsnakes, 1.0 Great Plains Ratsnake, 3.1 Milksnakes, 1.1 Spotted Python, 1.0 Hog Island Boa, 0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa,
    2.0 Japanese Fire-bellied Newts, 1.1 Spanish Ribbed Newts
    See pics of my crew at: http://malatryx.wordpress.com/

All of the above turtles are also illegal to import for sale/trade or to buy or sell within Alberta. Consequently, you likely won't find them available within the province apart from the rescues which tend to be good-sized adults. "Cheap" turtles are not an option in Alberta.
    The trend is to post names and numbers of "pets" here. That seems...um...bulky.
    23+ species of salamander
    28+ families and subfamilies of reptile, amphibian, and arachnid.
    Only one has a name. The Beast.

There is a WONDERFUL...I would go so far as to say PERFECT Pink Belly Side Neck Turtle a petstore in Terwilligar.
    IMG-20131025-00593.jpg

They want a fortune for him but he will soon outgrow his tank and I know they are willing to make an aggressive deal on him.
    He is priced 250% higher than a breeder would sell for but he is simply the world's most adorable turtle.
    He is featured in a medium turtle exo-terra and combined, he's priced alone or with the setup.
    Talk to the manager, she might be able to get him to half price with some arm-twisting.

Also, contact the Turtle and Tortoise Society of Alberta as well maybe? I don't know what their adoption fees are but I know he always has lots of aquatic turtles.
    Last edited by bigshynepo; 11-23-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: compliance
    Snakes: Thamnophis sirtalis tetrataenia, Lampropeltis pyromelana, Lampropeltis zonata agalma (bartlett phase), Lampropeltis triangulum campbelli
    Lizards & Geckos: Tribolonotus novaeguineae, Goniurosaurus luii, Lamprolepis smaragdina, Eublepharis macularius, Paroedura pictus, Lepidothyris fernandi, Emoia nigra, Uroplatus Sikorae, Plestiodon fasciatus, Leiocephalus personatus, Hemidactylus frenatus

The above post violates our TOS. If you want to relay information like this, send it in a PM.

"Advertising of Retail Stores in the forums is not permitted. We offer paid advertisements for anyone that needs it."
    Ollie Meidinger

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    The above post violates our TOS. If you want to relay information like this, send it in a PM.

Sorry Ollie, I didn't realize mentioning a business is a complete violation of the TOS, I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

I just hate seeing the turtle sitting in his tank not getting adopted. He was ordered in by the previous manager but that manager was removed from her position and the current management is stuck with this precious turtle that is overpriced, very hard to sell and is soon going to outgrow his enclosure. If I could commit to the care of an aquatic turtle, he would already be home with me. Someone should go get this little guy!

Disclaimer: I don't endorse the petstore I mentioned as a quality retailer of reptile livestock, they only buy from wholesalers which I try not to support, however the animals still need homes.
    Last edited by bigshynepo; 11-23-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: compliance
    Snakes: Thamnophis sirtalis tetrataenia, Lampropeltis pyromelana, Lampropeltis zonata agalma (bartlett phase), Lampropeltis triangulum campbelli
    Lizards & Geckos: Tribolonotus novaeguineae, Goniurosaurus luii, Lamprolepis smaragdina, Eublepharis macularius, Paroedura pictus, Lepidothyris fernandi, Emoia nigra, Uroplatus Sikorae, Plestiodon fasciatus, Leiocephalus personatus, Hemidactylus frenatus