Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpie Blood Pythons!!

Default Magpie Blood Pythons!!

I found this on Zoo Med's FB page and it is from the North American Reptile Breeder's Conference. I already liked Blood Pythons, but when I saw these, I was in awe. Thoughts? Opinions? This could very well be my first snake!

429142_10151298286260254_481047466_n.jpg
    3+ years working with exotics, certified Veterinary Medical Assistant.
    1 Bloodhound X - Tucker, 1 guinea pig-
    Elmer and 1 female Anerythristic Kenyan Sand Boa-Nadira.

Default Re: Magpie Blood Pythons!!

Ps. if you click on the photo it will expand

Very nice, a pretty penny I would guess.

Oh goodness, these are absolutely beautiful.

You won't find any for sale. And the price tag on those would be insane. The first time I saw one I had to scoop my jaw off the floor. As far as I know, which I could be wrong, VPI is the only ones that have them.

I did see one for sale awhile back I'm pretty sure, but yes it had a ginormous price tag on it, and a note that it would be the only one released for now...Phil Robinson recently purchased a co-dom version of it (Goldeneye) that is also absolutely stunning.

Very nice, I would have one of them if I could...

Steve
    9 Cornsnakes
    11 Kings/Milks
    3 American Ratsnakes
    1 Jungle Carpet Python

[QUOTE=Gabs;230550]I found this on Zoo Med's FB page and it is from the North American Reptile Breeder's Conference. I already liked Blood Pythons, but when I saw these, I was in awe. Thoughts? Opinions? This could very well be my first snake!

429142_10151298286260254_481047466_n.jpg[/QUOT

Indeed they are very nice looking animals, but dont let their looks be deceiving.. They are called blood pythons for a reason.. You are very brave and rich if this could potentially be your first snake..

Ive seen Phil's Blood and she is a nasty little girl (very beautiful but nasty).. If the teeth aren't trying to get ya then the *** end is trying to spray you.. Either or not my type of fun.. LOL E]

Quote Originally Posted by SJReptiles View Post

Indeed they are very nice looking animals, but dont let their looks be deceiving.. They are called blood pythons for a reason.. You are very brave and rich if this could potentially be your first snake..

Ive seen Phil's Blood and she is a nasty little girl (very beautiful but nasty).. If the teeth aren't trying to get ya then the *** end is trying to spray you.. Either or not my type of fun.. LOL E]

You know, I can't tell if you are joking or not. But, red blood pythons are called blood pythons because of their color, normals. Not because of their attitudes. We still say how some people give snakes a bad wrap in the public. People make and see them as dangerous villains. And yet we still have people in our own hobby saying incorrect information. I have a baby blood, and he has never sprayed, bitten, nothing. I also know people who own large collections of bloods, and have been rarely bitten. Most bloods are fine. they retain the bad wrap from when they were first brought in, wild caught animals. Yes there are nasty bloods, but no different than any other species.

He's not kidding. I have heard about Phil's little girl, she has anger issues.