Thread: Bearded dragon crusty lips

Default Bearded dragon crusty lips

My beardie's lips look crusty. At first I thought he was having a shed problem but I don't think this is the case... Does anyone know about this problem?

Default Re: Bearded dragon crusty lips

What about inside the mouth? Does all the gums look pink and healthy?

A little bit red. He also isn't eating much at all. At first I thought he was going into brumation mode but he's actually pretty active right now. I think a trip to the vet is in order. Do you have any idea what this might be?

Jez, I've had some strange things with my dragons through the years, but, ...I really don't have any ideas, other than, really dry air or shedding. If the inside of the mouth looks good...maybe, some kind of fungal infection? The Vet would probably do a scrape for the microscope.

Thanks, Barb. I was just doing some reading online and I think it could be mouth rot Apparently this is often a secondary infection when something else is wrong. Going to call the vet in the morning and see if I can get an appointment tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb View Post
    Jez, I've had some strange things with my dragons through the years, but, ...I really don't have any ideas, other than, really dry air or shedding. If the inside of the mouth looks good...maybe, some kind of fungal infection? The Vet would probably do a scrape for the microscope.