Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cool Mist or Warm Mist Humidifier?

Default Re: Cool Mist or Warm Mist Humidifier?

So, basically, what I'm getting is that, short of getting a big turtle pond in that tiny bedroom (), my best option is using distilled water in an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier ... yes...??
    0.0.1 - Merauke Blue Tongued Skink - ??

I say yes. When I was researching into making a DIY fogger, every single site kept coming back to using the ultrasonic cool mist humidifier. They're apparently quite reliable and last a very long time, especially in comparison to the standard reptile-brand foggers. Distilled water will keep it running smoothly for longer (as is the case with most foggers).
    ~Cassi
    https://www.facebook.com/NaturesAuraPhotography
    1.1 Leopard Geckos, 2.8 Crested Geckos, 1.2 Tokay Geckos, 0.1 Gargoyle Gecko, 0.1 AFT Gecko, 1.0 Chinese Cave Gecko, 0.1 Chahoua Gecko, 0.1 Chinese Water Dragon, 1.2 Red-Eyed Crocodile Skinks, 0.1 Five-Lined Skink, 0.0.1 B. boehmei

Perfect. Done deal lol ... I'll get looking. Can anyone say "Wal-Mart"???

Bed, Bath & Beyond also sells humidifiers, and you can usually find a 20% off coupon or something floating around for them.
    --
    .5.1 rosy boas, 0.2 leucistic Texas rat snakes, 1.0 blotched king snake, 1.0 eastern indigo snake, 1.0 corn snake
    , 1.0 ball python, 0.1 tri-color hognose snake, 0.1 red mountain rat snake, 1.1.1 crested geckos.
    --

Ooh! I do love coupons ... Thanks Orphia.

I apologize for bumping...I know i'm new here... but just my 2cents.

I like the ultrasonic cool mist humidifiers (Vicks are horrible).

Make sure it comes with a filter, I have tried filter less before and they leave a disgusting white powder covering everything in the room. This is due to the hard water we have in my area, but I would want to filter any tap water being put into a snake room.

Depending on your budget, one that can detect humidity levels and shut off if it gets to high are really nice. The only time I end up with a damp spot around mine is if it reaches over 70% humidity in the room and I end up with condensation running down the sides of the humidifier to the floor.

I have bad allergies and have to run a humidifier all winter long. So I have used humidifiers in my bedroom since I was a kid.

I also have tried both warm and cool cool I found really poor they altered the temps when on until the tsats caught up and never seemed to keep it up long enough. I have a large version of the link you posted and like it a lot I went bigger not as my space is bigger but the reserve tank is bigger less time filling. The cool mist ones should be cleaned everyday especially the type with the warming feature to keep the bacterial levels under control. The warm wist ones should be regularly too I do mine every 5 days to keep the scale at bay. The warm mist type don't spread so much bacteria as it is steam failure to clean it is just power bill issue not a health one.