Well big thanks to Walker for helping me throw this together. It was time for something bigger for my boa, Nagini.
Supplies for the enclosure cost me a total of 170 dollars and consisted of:
-3 sheets of pine plywood
-1 36 inch piano hinge
-1 piece of plexiglass originally bought for another project
-2 packages of screws
-2 cans of water based varathane
- 1 36 inch plastic vent
-my dads garage and all tools within =)
The inside dimensions of the tank are 48L x 36D x 24H
Eventually I want to add slate tiles to the floor of the enclosure.
First we cut the pieces we needed and screwed the sides to the bottom and the top.
Next we screwed the vent over the gap at the back
Added the piano hinge and the door which we had premade from two pieces of plywood and the piece of plexiglass
We put two coats of satin finish water based varathane and attached the latches for the door
Finally I added aspen shavings, a heat pad under the back corner, a large stone hide, climbing branch and water dish. And Nagini, my adult female boa constrictor was ready to move into her new home.