Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ERAS Membership

Default ERAS Membership

There has been some confusion lately about ERAS Members as compared to forum members. Our forums are open to anyone interested in Reptiles, Amphibians and Invertebrates, and are a great area to discuss them with other like minded people. ERAS Members are members who've paid to join ERAS and can take advantage of certain benefits offered to those with memberships. Some of those benefits include:

Receive the Society's newsletter, The Herp Digest
    15% discount at P.J.'s Pet Centres
    20% discount at Pet Pro's in Spruce Grove (coming soon to Leduc)
    Free advertising in the Society's Newsletter (business card size)
    Access to the Society's Resource Library of journals, magazines, and books
    Be eligible to adopt reptile and amphibians
    Participate in club field trips and social events
    Learn new information from guest speakers
    Display your animals at the Society's reptile and amphibian shows
    Receive help and information from other members
    Free web listing on our site

Anyone interested in obtaining an ERAS membership can do so at any meeting, ERAS show or by clicking the following link for a membership form and mailing it, along with your membership dues to the address on the form

http://www.edmontonreptiles.com/webp...ip%20Form.html

Default Re: ERAS Membership

about how long does it usually take for the status "forum member" to be switched over to "ERAS member" after the membership is paid?????
    GECKOS ARE THE SHIZ NIT!
    BTW this ones full of jokes and perversion

whiskeygirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jennayoung99 View Post
    about how long does it usually take for the status "forum member" to be switched over to "ERAS member" after the membership is paid?????

I was wondering that too

amelia Guest

If you put your forum name on your membership form, then it should be done once Pauline gets all of the new memberships processed. I would give her at least a week or two to get to it though. You can send pollywog a PM if it's not changed in a while.

Question-at the show I think it mentioned membership covered two people? Is that correct? i.e. myself and my teen daughter (the other reptile nut in our house). Also, would I get the membership in her name as its the lower price or does it really matter? I'm kicking myself for not paying my membershp at the door as I would have got into the show free but I didn't realize that at the time! Grrr!

Yes, the ERAS Membership does cover two people, other than for the student members, those are a single membership only. If you want one that includes both you and your daughter, I'm afraid you will have to purchase a regular membership. We weren't selling memberships at the door because this is the first show we've had free admission for members in quite a while, and so the deal was only for current members. Going forward it will be decided by the Eras executive whether we will sell memberships at the door that include admission.

That said, you want to get your membership soon so you can come to the Christmas Party though
    Where the beasts are bitey and the monsters are Mighty!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderz View Post
    Yes, the ERAS Membership does cover two people, other than for the student members
    What qualifies you as the "student"? is there a "student price"
    Or did that comment just fly right over my head
    I have two Grammostola rosea's, an Avicularia versicolor, a Aphonopelma seemani, a Brachyprlms Albopilsum, a Psycho Orange German Giant Beardie, a Candy Cane Corn, a Leopard Gecko, a Rhacodactylus auriculatus
    and 2 kitties!

Student memberships are for a single member, under the age of 18

We were told that university students count too We have student memberships
    Jackie
    VEEC
    Alrighty then...

You lucked out, because they actually don't, it's strictly for those under the age of 18