Thread: adding pictures

Default adding pictures

Since the upgrade I find adding a pic to the site is very frustrating. I used to be able to take a pic from photobucket and get the direct link and add its url to the pic upload icon. now if i do this it says the file is to large. so i am left with uploading from the computer, same file same size so i dont get it. i prefer to upload from photobucket so my pic is not just a thumbnail. also it sometimes flips my pic upside down. can this be fixed to make it a little less hair pulling to add pics to threads. I want to enter photo contests and this make s it hard to do so. perhaps this is why we had so few entries this month.
    http://kryptonianreptiles.webs.com
    Kryptonian Reptiles is now on facebook, add as a friend.
    Can't stop playing with my balls!

Default Re: adding pictures

I've posted several pictures since the update and have noticed no difference.
    Ollie Meidinger

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Karen, if you copy and past the image link from photobucket directly into the post text it should work.
    Ian Kanda

Hi Karen,

I took a quick look to see what might be the problem.

When you go to link to your photo using the URL tab, Uncheck the 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally'. What it's probably doing is trying to download the file to this server to avoid stealing bandwidth from another site. In this case, that's not a requirement as you're using a photo hosting website.

That seems like it might be the most logical problem.

Hopefully it can be all figured out. You have some decent sized pictures that look great when we can see the full version.
    - Danielle
    "Snakes are just tails with faces."
    Lots of geckos,lots of snakes, lots of cats,a bunny thrown in there for good measureand a dog