Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A suggestion for the site...

Default Re: A suggestion for the site...

Quote Originally Posted by slievers View Post
    One thing that I would suggest is a larger font for the user names.
    I agree but larger font for everything lol or maybe I should just go get glasses lol. Also I really like the brightness it is a nice change from some of the other darker forum layouts. Personally I think once everyone gets the hang of the new layout we won't even notice the difference. Also I really like the almost bubblyness of the design of the layout if that makes sence at all lol.
    1.2 crested geckos: male-spitfire. Females-coco, bonnie. 0.1gargoyle gecko: Marvin. 9.10 corn snakes, 0.1 Florida king snake, 1.1 house snakes, 1.0 panther chameleon, 0.0.4 poison dart frogs
    WWW.CANHERP.COM

I liked the old look personally but I think that might be just because of how blindingly bright things are now. lol

It's a bit easier on the eyes once I turned down the brightness on my laptop
    Where the beasts are bitey and the monsters are Mighty!

Look at how much space is wasted between the username and the join date. Too bad we can't put out signatures or something up there instead of having just open space.
    Adam Foster 780-757-8538 Orchids, vivaria, and a few other things
    Find me on Flickr: lordoftheswarms

Quote Originally Posted by lordoftheswarms View Post
    Look at how much space is wasted between the username and the join date. Too bad we can't put out signatures or something up there instead of having just open space.
    Personally, that was no different than the forum before Adam. It had the large opening aswell did it not?
    Brett (Nic-named Gizmo)

Awww! I don't like the super detailed 'Whats New' page. What happens if there are 50 replies? Does it give a list of every reply?
    - Danielle
    "Snakes are just tails with faces."
    Lots of geckos,lots of snakes, lots of cats,a bunny thrown in there for good measureand a dog

If you use the new posts link below the whats new button danielle you get the old style page. I actually kinda like the activity stream cause it cuts out the already read posts. However the mark forums read does not seem to work in activity stream.
    Walker. Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and forgiveness when I finally snap. 0.1.0 Basilisk, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Chahua Gecko 0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python Thanks to the ERAS adoption program for her.

Thanks Walker! Hard to see on my phone :-D
    - Danielle
    "Snakes are just tails with faces."
    Lots of geckos,lots of snakes, lots of cats,a bunny thrown in there for good measureand a dog

whats with the new 'this forum requires you to wait 8 seconds between searches' feature, its super annoying. it started shortly before the big update. i click new posts and it says there are no new posts click here to see posts from the last 24 hours and then i click the button and it brings up that message. it makes navigating the site even more of a pain in the butt. i can read 2 or 3 replies before the 8 seconds is up. i get that message all the time. anyone else finding this mildly annoying?
    1.0 felis catus 1.0 python regius 3.5 Elaphe Guttata Guttata 0.1 boa constrictor 0.1 morelia spilota mcdowelli 1.0 Charina (Lichanura) trivirgata trivirgata 0.1 lampropeltis getula spledida 0.1 lampropeltis triangulum sinaloae 0.1 rhacodatylus lechianus lechianus 4.0 betta splendens 0.0.6 danio rerio 0.0.2 c. clypeatus? 1.0 Fiance (homo sapien)

Quote Originally Posted by lovehatepassion View Post
    whats with the new 'this forum requires you to wait 8 seconds between searches' feature, its super annoying. it started shortly before the big update. i click new posts and it says there are no new posts click here to see posts from the last 24 hours and then i click the button and it brings up that message. it makes navigating the site even more of a pain in the butt. i can read 2 or 3 replies before the 8 seconds is up. i get that message all the time. anyone else finding this mildly annoying?
    That setting has not changed since before the upgrade.

Jason