Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A suggestion for the site...

Default A suggestion for the site...

Change it back to the old format.

This new one bites more then a hungry kingsnake.
    I have reptiles ,birds and fish.

Default Re: A suggestion for the site...

Let's face it, the new forum looks pretty rad, but you got a good point there - the system is pretty heavy, and at the end of the day it's just slow and painful for everyone. To sum it up, I hate to say it but the new format might look terrific, but totally sucks when it comes to actual functionality...

i dont mind it, but i miss the 000 unread posts and it's not as user friendly navigation wise.
    1.0 felis catus 1.0 python regius 3.5 Elaphe Guttata Guttata 0.1 boa constrictor 0.1 morelia spilota mcdowelli 1.0 Charina (Lichanura) trivirgata trivirgata 0.1 lampropeltis getula spledida 0.1 lampropeltis triangulum sinaloae 0.1 rhacodatylus lechianus lechianus 4.0 betta splendens 0.0.6 danio rerio 0.0.2 c. clypeatus? 1.0 Fiance (homo sapien)

I noticed a change for the worse regarding user friendliness, but I figured that would change as I got used to the new format.
    Adam Foster 780-757-8538 Orchids, vivaria, and a few other things
    Find me on Flickr: lordoftheswarms

Give it some time; let's get used to it before we start rallying for the old format. Besides, this is a free service we take advantage of, who are we to whine about the format? And don't forget, Boots mentioned that there's still some bugs to be worked out. Is there anything in particular that you guys
    I like it, I think it works great!!
    0.1 Black Mexican Kingsnake, 1.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, 0.0.1 Cherryhead Tortoise, 0.0.2 Schneider's skinks, 0.0.1 Grammostola pulchra, 1.0 Boa Constrictor, 1.1 Trans Pecos Ratsnakes, 1.0 Keyan Sand Boa.
    Pictures: http://www.edmontonreptiles.com/forum/album.php?u=13435

Quote Originally Posted by lovehatepassion View Post
    i dont mind it, but i miss the 000 unread posts and it's not as user friendly navigation wise.
    I think the same thing, I like knowing how many unread posts, etc. It is a bit confusing but Im slowely getting the hang of it and it looks pretty so it may just take time
    0.1 Ball Python,1.0 Suriname Red Tail Boa, 0.1 Grammastola Rosea1.0 Crested Gecko, 1.1 Feline

This format of forums is similar to most of the forums I frequent, so no complaints here. Then again, I'm pretty used to this kind of layout/functionality, so it's not a huge shift for me.
    - Danielle
    "Snakes are just tails with faces."
    Lots of geckos,lots of snakes, lots of cats,a bunny thrown in there for good measureand a dog

They put lipstick on a pig. Just joking I dont mind it at all, plus its free and the mods do a great job.

I'm starting to get the hang of it, and it turns out it's not as defective as I thought it is (still there are surely some bugs that needs to be taken care of). Plus what you guys are saying is true, this is a free service after all, and the mods were just trying to upgrade the site for us, so we should all just thank them for their good work, and stop complaining indeed...

I was very confused when I came on to the forum and saw the change since I hadn't seen the before message. I don't mind the change though because like Danielle a few of the other forums I frequent are almost exactly the same layout.
    0.2.0 Leopard Geckos- Gaia and Jasmine, 1.1.0 Bearded Dragons- Bracken and Petal, 1.0.0 Mexican Rosy Boa- Vlad, 0.0.1 Red Footed Tortoise- Morla, 0.0.1 Blue Tongue Skink- Skittle
    www.facebook.com/AuburnCreations