Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leopard gecko enclosures

Lightbulb leopard gecko enclosures

So I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas/pics of really sweet set-ups that they would like to share with me.
    I just got a trio a week or so ago, and they currently have the basics.
    well, LOL, I want to give them a
    "I've died and gone to Heaven" kind-of home!!
    any suggestions?

Default Re: leopard gecko enclosures

I like the live planted enclosures myself. However they do come with some drawbacks that are overcomeable.

This one houses a Chahoua Gecko

This one houses an AFT but I will be moving her soon and putting a crestie in there.

This is my Leopard Gecko Viv.

My Basilisk lizards Viv.

I don't know if they fit your idea of "i've died and gone to heaven kinda home" However my animals love them and they really arent that hard to maintain. So I thought I would throw them out there for you. Ann ( herps&harleys ) she can design you died and gone to heaven for sure.
    Walker. Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and forgiveness when I finally snap. 0.1.0 Basilisk, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Chahua Gecko 0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python Thanks to the ERAS adoption program for her.

thank You! those definately look cool! Hopefully I have some spare time soon to put it all together. I am now envisioning lots of cool stuff!!
    I love live plants~ so this would definately be something I would enjoy!!
    I will definately have to chat with Ann, however I am a DIY kinda girl--mainly cuz I am too...(lets say).. frugal (instead of cheap)-- to pay for custom.
    (And I do very much enjoy DIY projects.)

http://www.edmontonreptiles.com/foru...ad.php?t=23951

check these out. i'm not putting a leopard gecko in it but it would definately work for one. grimm built this tank but i own it now =) i just havent had a chance to take my own pictures
    1.0 felis catus 1.0 python regius 3.5 Elaphe Guttata Guttata 0.1 boa constrictor 0.1 morelia spilota mcdowelli 1.0 Charina (Lichanura) trivirgata trivirgata 0.1 lampropeltis getula spledida 0.1 lampropeltis triangulum sinaloae 0.1 rhacodatylus lechianus lechianus 4.0 betta splendens 0.0.6 danio rerio 0.0.2 c. clypeatus? 1.0 Fiance (homo sapien)

Quote Originally Posted by lovehatepassion View Post
    http://www.edmontonreptiles.com/foru...ad.php?t=23951

check these out. i'm not putting a leopard gecko in it but it would definately work for one. grimm built this tank but i own it now =) i just havent had a chance to take my own pictures
    Very Cool!! thanks for all the ideas! Much appreciated! I can't wait to start planning!

One thing to keep in mind is that a live planted Viv should be given some time to root and establish itself before you put an animal in it.

Not to say it can't be done, I have done so with a couple and found it to work however they did seem to get a much slower start than any that I let establish for a couple of months before I put animals in them.
    Walker. Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and forgiveness when I finally snap. 0.1.0 Basilisk, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Chahua Gecko 0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python Thanks to the ERAS adoption program for her.

Teri we should talk! I strongly believe in the barter system.
    Dragonfly Creations
    Designing backgrounds & accessories
    2.0.0 Golden Geckos: Davidson/Noel; 0.2.0 Leos: Althaea/Sue; 1.1.0 Mossies: Pride/Joy; 1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Lunor; 2.2.0 Cornsnakes: Calypso/Maiia/Dante/Mochaccino; 1.0.0 Desert KS: Mosaic; 0.3.0 BPs: Taz/Gilligan/Skipper; 0.0.2 Tiger Salamanders: Skeeter/Skooter

Here's a link to my Leo enclosures.

http://www.edmontonreptiles.com/foru...ad.php?t=24206

I would definitely be interested in doing a trade with you if you are interested.
    Dragonfly Creations
    2.0.0 Golden Geckos: Davidson/Noel; 0.2.0 Leos: Althaea/Sue; 1.1.0 Mossies: Pride/Joy; 1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Lunor; 2.2.0 Cornsnakes: Calypso/Maiia/Dante/Mochaccino; 1.0.0 Desert KS: Mosaic; 0.3.0 BPs: Taz/Gilligan/Skipper; 0.0.2 Tiger Salamanders: Skeeter/Skooter

Well there you go Teri, Ann can design you "died and gone to heaven" with your live plantings in mind and still have some DIY in your Viv Win, win,win as I see it.

Ha ha thanks Walker!
    Dragonfly Creations