Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adam's favorites of OSA 2012 show

Default Re: Adam's favorites of OSA 2012 show

i really like the Brassanthe Maikai 'Maiyumi' and the last one, no label.
    1.0 felis catus 1.0 python regius 3.5 Elaphe Guttata Guttata 0.1 boa constrictor 0.1 morelia spilota mcdowelli 1.0 Charina (Lichanura) trivirgata trivirgata 0.1 lampropeltis getula spledida 0.1 lampropeltis triangulum sinaloae 0.1 rhacodatylus lechianus lechianus 4.0 betta splendens 0.0.6 danio rerio 0.0.2 c. clypeatus? 1.0 Fiance (homo sapien)

Quote Originally Posted by HerpsNHarleys View Post
    By far my favorite is Paphiopedialum fowliei alba x hennisianum alba. Its absolutely breathtaking Adam.
    A decently easy plant to grow, on a north or east facing windowsill, I can't remember it's preference.
    Adam Foster 780-757-8538 Orchids, vivaria, and a few other things
    Find me on Flickr: lordoftheswarms

Really. I just love the richness of it. Are these ones readily available here?
    Dragonfly Creations
    Designing backgrounds & accessories
    2.0.0 Golden Geckos: Davidson/Noel; 0.2.0 Leos: Althaea/Sue; 1.1.0 Mossies: Pride/Joy; 1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Lunor; 2.2.0 Cornsnakes: Calypso/Maiia/Dante/Mochaccino; 1.0.0 Desert KS: Mosaic; 0.3.0 BPs: Taz/Gilligan/Skipper; 0.0.2 Tiger Salamanders: Skeeter/Skooter

Quote Originally Posted by HerpsNHarleys View Post
    Really. I just love the richness of it. Are these ones readily available here?
    Yes ma'am. Paphiopedialum, phalaenopsis, cattleya, laelia, dendrobium, are among the most popular, and that's because most of the plants do very well on windowsills, or under lights. Ask around at the OSA meeting about Paphiopedialum. There are more than a few sources, and more than likely, there will be some either on display or for sale at the meeting.

Know your conditions as far as direction the window faces, humidity, temperature, and how much you like to water. I find it's easier to say "These are my conditions, what can I keep?", than it is to say "I like this plant, how do I keep it?", especially if you have to modify your conditions to suit the plant.

EDIT: By the way, March is Beginner's Month at the OSA. The most advanced growers put on demonstrations/presentations on the basics, covering everything from fertilizer, light, media choices, repotting, etc. A good time to go, if you want to get a feel for it.
    Last edited by lordoftheswarms; 03-05-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Adam Foster 780-757-8538 Orchids, vivaria, and a few other things
    Find me on Flickr: lordoftheswarms