Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snails?

Default Re: Snails?

Hey Ann if you are going to set up a snail tank I have aquarium supplies you can have: water filter system, net, heater, gravel. Etc. it is just cluttering up my house. Just let me know..
    TLC'S Reptiles Pat Mallet phone 780-798-3048
    0.1 Tegu; 1.1 Chahoua Geckos; 1.3 Crested Geckos; 8.9.30 Corn Snakes; 2.9 Ball Pythons; 2.1 Mex Mex King Snake; 2.0 Boas; 0.1 African House Snake; 1.1 Yellow Saharran Uromastyx; 0.1 Yellow Lab; 2.0 children - Cullen and Tyson; 1.0 husband - Steven (smallet)
    To order epicure products or catalogs call or email me.

Quote Originally Posted by joeysgreen View Post
    I spent $10 on a daphnia culture, when come spring I could go grab a million and a half for free.
    I went and collected some a couple days ago. Had to chop through nearly two feet of ice, but got a starter AND a zillion scuds. There's now a rush on, with gold dust newt, Laos warty newt, and ribbed newt eggs developing, and possibly Mandarin salamander and Chinese warty newt eggs to come. And Kanto firebellies, if memory serves. A friend of mine could probably use the jumpstart of a couple of those cultures though.

Large snails occur throughout very large portions of BC and into southern and western Alberta. Admittedly, that's not convenient now, nor convenient to anyone in Edmonton...but it IS much closer than the coast. There are a fair number of different species in BC, including the introduced Roman land snail [=escargot]. In Alberta there are only 2-4 known Oreohelix Mountainsnails.
    The trend is to post names and numbers of "pets" here. That seems...um...bulky.
    23+ species of salamander
    28+ families and subfamilies of reptile, amphibian, and arachnid.
    Only one has a name. The Beast.

Pat yes I'll take you up on that offer.

Danielle yes I'll take you up on that offer, gotta start somewhere.

Vici and Ian thanks for the info!
    Dragonfly Creations
    Designing backgrounds & accessories
    2.0.0 Golden Geckos: Davidson/Noel; 0.2.0 Leos: Althaea/Sue; 1.1.0 Mossies: Pride/Joy; 1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Lunor; 2.2.0 Cornsnakes: Calypso/Maiia/Dante/Mochaccino; 1.0.0 Desert KS: Mosaic; 0.3.0 BPs: Taz/Gilligan/Skipper; 0.0.2 Tiger Salamanders: Skeeter/Skooter

I'm not sure how big you want them to be but I have little pest snails in my newt and fish tanks. I started with 3 and I currently have about 100 of them. The biggest ones I have are approximately 8-10mm in length. They gave them to me for free at petsmart when I bought something. I'm willing to part with some if you want to try them.
    Shawn
    1:1
    Cynops Cyanurus 0:1 Chinemys Reevesii

Hey Shawn that would be great! Oh boy whoever thought now I'ld be raising snails....LOL..... well I have kingworms on the go so why not...LOL

PM me your address and I'll stop by next week sometime, or we can meet up somewhere. Not going anywhere this weekend from the looks of things...snow snow and more snow
    Dragonfly Creations
    Designing backgrounds & accessories
    2.0.0 Golden Geckos: Davidson/Noel; 0.2.0 Leos: Althaea/Sue; 1.1.0 Mossies: Pride/Joy; 1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Lunor; 2.2.0 Cornsnakes: Calypso/Maiia/Dante/Mochaccino; 1.0.0 Desert KS: Mosaic; 0.3.0 BPs: Taz/Gilligan/Skipper; 0.0.2 Tiger Salamanders: Skeeter/Skooter