Thread: search engine

Default search engine

is there any way that we could doctor our search engine to allow three letter words? its very difficult to search alot of things. like 'boa' 'OBT' 'boo at the zoo' 'pet expo' (pet doesnt show) 'TOS' and plenty of other words. i just find this to be incredibly obnoxious when i am trying to find something, especially when im trying to volunteer last minute and i cant find the thread on the event because its made of three letter words
    1.0 felis catus 1.0 python regius 3.5 Elaphe Guttata Guttata 0.1 boa constrictor 0.1 morelia spilota mcdowelli 1.0 Charina (Lichanura) trivirgata trivirgata 0.1 lampropeltis getula spledida 0.1 lampropeltis triangulum sinaloae 0.1 rhacodatylus lechianus lechianus 4.0 betta splendens 0.0.6 danio rerio 0.0.2 c. clypeatus? 1.0 Fiance (homo sapien)

Default Re: search engine

The search engine, I believe, is an integrated system for the forum design. It isn't managed/created/altered by those that moderate it. It is, of itself, 'stuck' with the options it came with. This is similar (identical) to almost all forums that run the same system as this one.
    - Danielle
    "Snakes are just tails with faces."
    Lots of geckos,lots of snakes, lots of cats,a bunny thrown in there for good measureand a dog

Default Re: search engine

It can be changed it is just the cost of hiring a programer to do it that can be very daunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasiliki View Post
    The search engine, I believe, is an integrated system for the forum design. It isn't managed/created/altered by those that moderate it. It is, of itself, 'stuck' with the options it came with. This is similar (identical) to almost all forums that run the same system as this one.
    Walker. Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and forgiveness when I finally snap. 0.1.0 Basilisk, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Chahua Gecko 0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python Thanks to the ERAS adoption program for her.