Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Question for admin

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    33

    Default Question for admin

    Why am I unable to access posting a thread on “Rescue Forum?
    If you want to dance with a Cobra, you had better know your steps.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,100

    Default Re: Question for admin

    That section of the forum is read-only. It is used by the ERAS supported Rescue to list available animals although it certainly isn't up-to-date. A more accurate list can be found right here.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: Question for admin

    I am a reptile rescuer and run my own rehabilitation center. What is that point of having a “usable” thread that cannot be accessed?
    If you want to dance with a Cobra, you had better know your steps.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,100

    Default Re: Question for admin

    The Rescue sub-forum is exclusive to the ERAS Rescue and was utilized more frequently prior to the existence of the ERAS website. It is used by Neil (& Michele) to post available adoptions when they want/need to. It is accessible to read by anyone but not post.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    1,686

    Default Re: Question for admin

    The forum section of Rescue is to show what animals have been rescued in the local area and for adoption of these animals. If interested, you contact them directly.
    By the looks of things, your from South Africa, out of our local area, if questions you can contact the Rescue Coordinator.
    Brett (Nic-named Gizmo)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: Question for admin

    Quote Originally Posted by BrettKeith View Post
    The forum section of Rescue is to show what animals have been rescued in the local area and for adoption of these animals. ....
    .
    Silly concept then is it not?
    If you want to dance with a Cobra, you had better know your steps.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,100

    Default Re: Question for admin

    Quote Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
    That section of the forum is read-only. It is used by the ERAS supported Rescue to list available animals although it certainly isn't up-to-date. A more accurate list can be found right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
    The Rescue sub-forum is exclusive to the ERAS Rescue and was utilized more frequently prior to the existence of the ERAS website. It is used by Neil (& Michele) to post available adoptions when they want/need to. It is accessible to read by anyone but not post.
    ^ Question answered

    EDIT: I've removed a few threads calling my intelligence and arrogance into question over the closing of this thread. As the OP asked a simple question, I gave a simple definitive answer (ie. You can't post in the Rescue section as its ONLY for listing ERAS Rescue adoptions). As Brett demonstrated, had this thread been left open, a dozen more people would have simply restated what was already answered - hence why it is closed. Simple as that really. Enjoy the rest of your Christmas Eve everyone
    Last edited by Malarkey; 12-24-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •