Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Explaining my absence

Default Explaining my absence

Hi everyone,

Last Monday, December 12, my grandfather lost his battle with Congestive Heart Failure. He died at the age of 70, and it was very quick all things considured. I have been keeping low key since then, trying to get my life back in order. Grandpa was and still is very special to me, him and my grandmother essentially raised me, with the exception of about 10 years of my life. Anyway, a big Thank you to Ann, for being there when I need her, and also thank you to Ryan and Terri for being patient with me regarding the tank, which I LOVE by the way......just thought I would catch you all up.
    Ryan
    Held captive by a 3yr old Russian Tort "Sahara", 0.1 rescue RETF, 0.0.1 Green Tree Frog, 0.1 Whites Tree Frog "Steven" , ​1.1 Blue Phase Whites Tree Frog "Ricky" and "Evan" 0.0.1 Herman's Tortoise "Splash"

Default Re: Explaining my absence

I'm so sorry to hear that, Ryan. I lost my grandfather just a few months back too. He raised me when I was just a kid, so I can definitely appreciate how hard that can be. It's not easy losing someone that's so close to us.

If you need anything, just let us know. There are plenty of people here to turn to who can give you a hand if you need it. We've all been there, at one time or another.

*hug*
    - Danielle
    "Snakes are just tails with faces."
    1.0 Crested Gecko, 1.0 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Gargoyle Gecko, 0.1 Leachie Gecko, 0.1 Albino BP, 1.0 Pied BP, 0.1 Desert Pinstripe BP, 0.2 Cats, 0.1 Dog

Awwwww thanks Ryan, glad I could be there for you.....and glad to see you back
    Dragonfly Creations
    Designing backgrounds & accessories
    2.0.0 Golden Geckos: Davidson/Noel; 0.2.0 Leos: Althaea/Sue; 1.1.0 Mossies: Pride/Joy; 1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Lunor; 2.2.0 Cornsnakes: Calypso/Maiia/Dante/Mochaccino; 1.0.0 Desert KS: Mosaic; 0.3.0 BPs: Taz/Gilligan/Skipper; 0.0.2 Tiger Salamanders: Skeeter/Skooter

So sorry to hear of your loss Ryan. Tough to lose someone close like that. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May your time of mourning turn to peace quickly.
    Walker. Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and forgiveness when I finally snap. 0.1.0 Basilisk, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Chahua Gecko 0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python Thanks to the ERAS adoption program for her.

Sorry for your loss, why do people always pass away on my bday
    0.0.x Leiurus quinquistriatus 0.1.4 Androctonus bicolor 0.1.4 Androctonus australis 0.0.1 Pandinus imperator 0.x.0 Hottentotta hottentotta 0.1.0 Poecilothera ornata 0.0.1 Poecilothera miranda 0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus (OBT)

My condolences....take care of yourself. Its a tough time of year to lose someone....

Ryan, you know that I'm just a little skip away if you need anything else It was a rotten time for both of us, with the loss of our close friend too or I surely would have offered more than I was able to (I'm terrible at coping with death that's why I was so "gone" for the last week too)
    I'm so sorry about your grandpa, you guys know your welcome to visit any time, to chat or play with snakes or those wonderful little....gargies...you know you want one
    Let me know if ya need anything else. Hope you guys are doing better, I know how hard it is.
    ~Hand selected, high end, Corns, Kings, Milks, House Snakes, Night Snakes and Boas~
    http://www.5starserpents.com
    Love what you do and it will show through! http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=347936

5starserpents@telus.net

Sorry to hear Ryan,
    Ian Kanda
    I'm happy to represent both the herp hobby and conservation.
    Please donate here to save gartersnakes! http://igg.me/p/725959/x/6825185

Thanks all, I appreciate the condolences, this is a hard one, my grandpa and grandma practically raised me, more like parents really. I am getting better day by day, Terri, you guys are great! It is nice to have friends like you just around the corner, and yes you are right, I do want a gargie now, thanks a lot!!! LOL
    Ryan
    Held captive by a 3yr old Russian Tort "Sahara", 0.1 rescue RETF, 0.0.1 Green Tree Frog, 0.1 Whites Tree Frog "Steven" , ​1.1 Blue Phase Whites Tree Frog "Ricky" and "Evan" 0.0.1 Herman's Tortoise "Splash"

My condolences on your loss. It is tough loosing a loved one especially around Christmas. Huggs!
    TLC'S Reptiles Pat Mallet phone 780-798-3048
    0.1 Tegu; 1.1 Chahoua Geckos; 1.3 Crested Geckos; 8.9.30 Corn Snakes; 2.9 Ball Pythons; 2.1 Mex Mex King Snake; 2.0 Boas; 0.1 African House Snake; 1.1 Yellow Saharran Uromastyx; 0.1 Yellow Lab; 2.0 children - Cullen and Tyson; 1.0 husband - Steven (smallet)
    To order epicure products or catalogs call or email me.