Thread: Self-managed threads

Question Self-managed threads

Hey there site designers et al,

Let me start my saying I know nothing about how to create, maintain or manage a forum.

That being said, is it possible to set up the classifieds so we can delete our own ads if they're no longer needed?

I regularly see a classified ad in the "recent threads" list that I get all excited about and open it just to see that the last update reads "mods please delete".

Just curious as to whether it's feasible to allow the original poster to self-govern his or her own threads.
    Balls: 9.10 normal, albino, pewter, lemon blast, cinnamon, bumblebee, lesser, spider, pastel, mojave, pied, butter ... Boas: 2.2.1 normal, albino, het albino, salmon ... Carpet Pythons: 1.1

Default Re: Self-managed threads

Not possible. If you notice any ads that are marked as sold please hit the report button so its brought to moderator attention. Similarly if you post an ad yourself and need it removed use the report function. It's not always feasible to read every thread all the time but a reported thread gets tended to fairly quickly.

K. Thanks
    Balls: 9.10 normal, albino, pewter, lemon blast, cinnamon, bumblebee, lesser, spider, pastel, mojave, pied, butter ... Boas: 2.2.1 normal, albino, het albino, salmon ... Carpet Pythons: 1.1

On the TARAS site it was decided to leave up all the old classifieds.
    WHY? well it provides a history for folks that care to check into things.
    You can see what things have been selling & for how much & by whom, what time year things are typically available, who is working with what etc. etc.
    Establish price & market trends etc. as well as see who is continually flipping or dumping animals etc. etc. etc.
    Lots of info can be taken from old ads that is usefull to others anyhow.
    I used to just delete them all myself in the past LOL Cheers Mark
    Mark's GONE SNAKEE! No PMs please email at gonesnakee@shaw.ca
    Working with select Colubrids (Corns, GB Kings, EIs) and Woma Pythons
    All stock parasite free and established on F/T prey (unless stated otherwise)