46. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

30 65.22%
  • NO

16 34.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Like button

Default Like button

So to un steal a thread I thought I would post this simple yes / no poll.

If it is possible to do in the forum we use.

A like button to be used in threads when really all you have to say is "like" because it is good info and such.

A "like" button that stays with the comment, sorta facebook style, would accomplish alot of things. It would cut down some of the traffic in threads and give those of us in the know the ability to easily and quickly identify good info and those who aren't the same ability.

1 for yes

2 for no
    Walker. Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and forgiveness when I finally snap. 0.1.0 Basilisk, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Chahua Gecko 0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python Thanks to the ERAS adoption program for her.

Default Re: Like button

i think it would be a great idea,like said above it would cut down Alot of what i like to call spam posts,its kind of anoying to have to go thru pages of I agree,or "what he said "types of posts.
    I tend to only read snake posts,but do find the odd lizard or moss pit topics interested,the like idea would be almost like a rating system,the more people that like it,the more interesting or inforative the topic.
    weather it is possible on this format i dont know
    I have not always been malicious,but putting up with stupid people made me this way

Although its a great idea the hosting site for the forum may not have that add on available.
    Dragonfly Creations
    Designing backgrounds & accessories
    2.0.0 Golden Geckos: Davidson/Noel; 0.2.0 Leos: Althaea/Sue; 1.1.0 Mossies: Pride/Joy; 1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Lunor; 2.2.0 Cornsnakes: Calypso/Maiia/Dante/Mochaccino; 1.0.0 Desert KS: Mosaic; 0.3.0 BPs: Taz/Gilligan/Skipper; 0.0.2 Tiger Salamanders: Skeeter/Skooter

True enough Anne but in the mean time whats wrong with a good ol fashioned poll.

And the YES vote is out to a resounding lead. Go YES vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleys_Mom View Post
    Although its a great idea the hosting site for the forum may not have that add on available.
    Walker. Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and forgiveness when I finally snap. 0.1.0 Basilisk, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Chahua Gecko 0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python Thanks to the ERAS adoption program for her.

Seeing as once again, this is a site suggestion, and I know forums.. lets leave facebook on facebook please...
    Tim Petit
    ERAS 2017 Vice President
    Feedback, Concerns, Questions - please email me at vicepresident@edmontonreptiles.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheFriendlyGiant View Post
    Seeing as once again, this is a site suggestion, and I know forums.. lets leave facebook on facebook please...
    Like buttons are the bomb !! Dont be such a hater

That being said ,I dont really care one way or the other.
    I have reptiles ,birds and fish.

Ok let's put it this way . The forums take up bandwidth. We as a society pay for that bandwidth. Now the more things we add to the forums the more bandwidth we take up. This of course will cost more. This is a free service put out there by the club we don't have huge sponsors or advertiserss paying to advertise all over the palce ( again taking up bandwidth) to make this little fountain of knowledge free or to continue to keep it that way. Sooner or later it's ginna cost us.

Is I possible probably. Is it practical ... No ... Why because forums similar to us have threads that could be half as long with out all the bloody " thank you's " or "likes" on thier forums.
    My Name is Bubba, And I am addicted to reptiles ...

I use a few V bulletin forums (reptile) and they do have like buttons and they do work very well to say the least.

I feel that this site could benefit greatly from it.
    Good suggestion.

On the other hand some people prefer to just enjoy reading other peoples posts so they essentially would not bother with it.

It is defo a good suggestion still so I vote yes.
    Good thought Luke.

This isn't intended as a post to start a fight, however, I must express my frustration with the negative responses innovative ideas get when the idea hasn't been given much thought.

I doubt that you have a remotely accurate measure of how much this (or other suggestions) would cost in bandwidth. Immediate negative responses to our suggestions doesn't encourage innovation. Try considering what would make our suggestions feasible before discarding them without evidence supporting your conclusions.

It is important to further the evolution of this forum.
    I can't imagine it being the same forever.

If you are thinking of making a comment about why am I still here, I preemptively suggest that you consider that I said I would be reducing my presence, not that I would be totally absent from this forum.
    Adam Foster 780-757-8538 Orchids, vivaria, and a few other things
    Find me on Flickr: lordoftheswarms

Hey people this is just a poll. I do encourage healthy discussion however all that is needed is a vote.