Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BP only section in the classifieds

Default BP only section in the classifieds

How about 2 snake sections in the classifieds?
    One for Ball Pythons & the other for REAL snakes LOL
    Seriously though BPs could maybe use their own area & then 3/4 of the folks posting wouldn't have to worry about listing the species either as they don't quite often already LOL Mark
    Mark's GONE SNAKEE! No PMs please email at gonesnakee@shaw.ca
    Working with select Colubrids (Corns, GB Kings, EIs) and Woma Pythons
    All stock parasite free and established on F/T prey (unless stated otherwise)

Default Re: BP only section in the classifieds

I like it.
    5.7 Carpet Pythons - 1.1 Woma Pythons - 0.0.1 GTP - 1.1 Mandarin Ratsnakes - 1.1 Unicolor Cribo

It makes sense for larger forums like reptilescanada, but I personally don't think it's necessary here yet. The TOS for classifieds aren't that complicated.
    Balls: 9.10 normal, albino, pewter, lemon blast, cinnamon, bumblebee, lesser, spider, pastel, mojave, pied, butter ... Boas: 2.2.1 normal, albino, het albino, salmon ... Carpet Pythons: 1.1

If the TOS are read ... I'll bring this up at the next meeting and see what can be done about it and if everyone else feels a need for it ball pythons do make up a Vast majority of the ads posted
    My Name is Bubba, And I am addicted to reptiles ...

maybe people selling ball pythons should just not be lazy and type 'ball python' somewhere in their ad. since the world doesnt revolve around ball pythons. i dont feel theres a need for a seperate section, that just lets everyone thats been ignoring the TOS slide.
    1.0 felis catus 1.0 python regius 3.5 Elaphe Guttata Guttata 0.1 boa constrictor 0.1 morelia spilota mcdowelli 1.0 Charina (Lichanura) trivirgata trivirgata 0.1 lampropeltis getula spledida 0.1 lampropeltis triangulum sinaloae 0.1 rhacodatylus lechianus lechianus 4.0 betta splendens 0.0.6 danio rerio 0.0.2 c. clypeatus? 1.0 Fiance (homo sapien)

Is this in response to the ad i put up? lol It says ball python in the 2nd sentence of the ad. I followed the TOS.

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by R.H.R. View Post
    Is this in response to the ad i put up? lol It says ball python in the 2nd sentence of the ad. I followed the TOS.

Robin
    probably has nothing to do with you. lots of people though dont mention the species when they are listing ball pythons. its kind of annoying. sure most of us know what theyre talking about by he rest of their details but a newbie would have no idea. its like people on kijiji that just say 'snake for sale 200 dollars'. mentioning species is kind of important IMO
    1.0 felis catus 1.0 python regius 3.5 Elaphe Guttata Guttata 0.1 boa constrictor 0.1 morelia spilota mcdowelli 1.0 Charina (Lichanura) trivirgata trivirgata 0.1 lampropeltis getula spledida 0.1 lampropeltis triangulum sinaloae 0.1 rhacodatylus lechianus lechianus 4.0 betta splendens 0.0.6 danio rerio 0.0.2 c. clypeatus? 1.0 Fiance (homo sapien)

Quote Originally Posted by lovehatepassion View Post
    maybe people selling ball pythons should just not be lazy and type 'ball python' somewhere in their ad. since the world doesnt revolve around ball pythons. i dont feel theres a need for a seperate section, that just lets everyone thats been ignoring the TOS slide.
    That was was more than of just a personal pet peeve for me LOL, my main point is that the vast majority of the snake ads are BPs so why not a seperate section for them?
    Those whose entire "herp world" revolves around them can have their own place with all BPs & those whose herp world has SFA to do with them don't have to sort thru pages of BP ads. Cheers Mark
    P.S. Aussie Pythons RULE!

edit - of course absolutely nothing to do with you personally at all Robin, the general trend in most snake classifieds is for BP ads so it they are 50% or more of all ads why not a section for them thats all Cheers!
    Last edited by GONESNAKEE!; 11-26-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    Mark's GONE SNAKEE! No PMs please email at gonesnakee@shaw.ca
    Working with select Colubrids (Corns, GB Kings, EIs) and Woma Pythons
    All stock parasite free and established on F/T prey (unless stated otherwise)

What would be really nice is to have it in the topic, then I can skip the thread all together.
    5.7 Carpet Pythons - 1.1 Woma Pythons - 0.0.1 GTP - 1.1 Mandarin Ratsnakes - 1.1 Unicolor Cribo

Quote Originally Posted by stewjoe View Post
    What would be really nice is to have it in the topic, then I can skip the thread all together.
    Couldn't agree more.