Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we have a subsection on plants?

Default Can we have a subsection on plants?

Can we have a subsection on plants, or is that what the enclosure subsection is for? A couple people on here are getting pretty into plants, but sometimes it's not really related to the enclosure subtopic, at least in my mind.
    Adam Foster 780-757-8538 Orchids, vivaria, and a few other things
    Find me on Flickr: lordoftheswarms

Default Re: Can we have a subsection on plants?

For now, the enclosure section and/or the Moss Pit are perfect places for plant discussions. We have an invertebrate section, so I would be open to another sister hobby forum if it'd be used. Of course we always have to weigh such things with the overall function of the forum. To many subforums and this function decreases. Are there other plant forums out there, ie, does the orchid society have a forum?
    Ian Kanda

www.orchidboard.com
    www.dendroboard.com
    www.canadart.org

These sites are useful for this, but locally there is no place to discuss just plants.

I would be good with this, only because I want to get more involved with plants and the more I understand about species, the better knowledge I have to have natural plants in my enclosures.. or maybe in the caresheets have a part for plants so we know whats safe, I am trying to search previous discussions because it seems everything is all over the place...its too bad unless I missed something that we can't have somewhere on our user cp discssions we are watching or a file we want to save so we can refer back too...do I make any sense lol
    Alexanderyana Aka Ellie
    0.1.0 Bearded Dragon, 40 Leapord/Crestied ,Gargoyle ,Fat Tail Geckos,0.1.0 Cuban Knight Anole,1.1.0 Diamond Back Turtle, 0.1.0 Black Breasted Leaf Turtle. 1.1.0. Corn Snakes, 1.0.0 Sand Boa,1.0.0 Bumblee Bee BP,0.0.1 Lemon Pastel BP, 1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake, 0.0.2 Axolotls,0.0.5 Trantulas, 3 Cats, 2 Dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderyana View Post
    it seems everything is all over the place
    That's the problem I see with it.

this needs a poll i would like to see it happen to ..plant info and lighting all in one would be useful and helpful

I agree, I would definatley like to expand my horizons in regards to plants. POLL, poll, poll, poll, poll, poll sorry the chant was my addictive personality. LOL
    Walker. Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and forgiveness when I finally snap. 0.1.0 Basilisk, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Chahua Gecko 0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python Thanks to the ERAS adoption program for her.

As a previous forum moderator and forum administrator, I would really recommend that plant discussions to live in the Enclosures Catagory (http://www.edmontonreptiles.com/foru...splay.php?f=21). If we made subsections on forums, I could be here all day making subsections for everything.

Honestly, while the idea is great, it just turns into a bad bad idea with additional requests
    Last edited by TheFriendlyGiant; 11-21-2011 at 08:53 PM.
    Tim Petit
    ERAS 2017 Vice President
    Feedback, Concerns, Questions - please email me at vicepresident@edmontonreptiles.com

What other additional requests are you talking about? Give me some examples.

Taxonomically, and in terms of husbandry, we have nothing similar to a dedicated plants section, either aquatic or terrestrial, on our forum.
    I think it is a valid category that should have it's own home.
    Last edited by lordoftheswarms; 11-21-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Subforums. A boa forum. A lighting forum. A breeding forum. For forums to run best, stagnent, low traffic forums should be avoided. Plants readily fit into the enclosure forum when in a herpetoculture community. The question is if there would be enough to support a division. What's wrong with keeping it in the enclosure forum; it's not overly busy as it is?
    Ian Kanda