Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V. Salvator enclosure

Default Re: V. Salvator enclosure

NICE !! That must be one happy monitor. I bet you had a blast building that especially if it's someone else's money Thanks for sharing.

I brought in a whole bunch for this build, and to have in stock. It is the coolest stuff, soooo thick, but after mixing it is spreadable. Can also be used as structural resin with fibreglass matt, without the odors.

This stuff has no VOC's. You can use it in a babies room, with the baby in it. They use it in hospitals.

I have it available in 1.5 qt. kits (rated to cover 60sq ft, but I find that's a little high.) Kits are $79.99 each.

You can read more about it at:

Quote Originally Posted by morphman View Post
    NICE !! That must be one happy monitor. I bet you had a blast building that especially if it's someone else's money Thanks for sharing.
    It was a learning experience, unfortunately I'm not making any money on it and putting a lot of time into it. But its worth it. The experience has been amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by joeysgreen View Post
    Wow, that is some sweet ****. Home Depot? Garden or Pond supply shop? I'll have to look around, it looks fun to play with.

If I could only offer a tidbit critique it would be to add a floor drain in the main area and/or in the dig pit. It'd help out a tonne to hose out the cage while cleaning.
    The dig pit door comes off, and the whole thing is sloped out the front door. It is completely sealed with the epoxy, inside and out.

The main area has a floor drain under the "step" in front of the pond. The step allows you to climb up and reach into the pond/waterfall for cleaning. The drain is at floor level, and pipes out of the enclosure to a tray that we can put a sump pump in to pump out the water after washing.

Drain in the wall at floor level, on the right

this is where the drain exits.

The customer wants to be able to powerwash the enclosure whenever he wants, so thats why we put the drain in. While powerwashing, the monitor will be housed in the dig pit, with the door inserted.

Powerwashing is what I had in mind. I"m glad you guys had thought of that
    Ian Kanda
    I'm happy to represent both the herp hobby and conservation.
    Please donate here to save gartersnakes! http://igg.me/p/725959/x/6825185

She's been in a week now, and loves her pool. She's tearing around the cage, learning where the windows are the hard way, her nose is a little worse for wear right now.

Pond is 86F, ambient in cage is 90-92, basking area is 100-110. Humidity is really high, 85-95%. Going to add some active ventilation next week.

Doesn't seem to want to pee in her pool, which is great.

Awesome build. I am not ready for anything that grand hoever I am going to do a 2' wide X 3' deep X 4' tall viv for the Coastal Carpet Python the club has right now.
    Walker. Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and forgiveness when I finally snap. 0.1.0 Basilisk, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Chahua Gecko 0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python Thanks to the ERAS adoption program for her.

Filter is keeping up great, no water change yet, just top ups and "slurping" up fecal movements with a shopvac. (She is now dumping in the pond most of the time). We're re-lining the pond and filter with truck bed liner material soon, after which I will be removing the drain plate so that we can just open the valve and have the feces just suck out (the bottom is sloped to have them collect over the drain area).

Chillin in the pond

Close up...

Floor drain i the pond, you can see how clear the water is.

Sorry for the quality of the images, blackberry phone photos.

THIS IS FRICKEN AMAZING. I wish I had the funds for something like that