Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: rats

Default Re: rats

Tracey.. Sorry to hear about uR luck. Yes in ur case buying is the way to go..

They can be very smart. Mine have been good. Maybe just lucky. But i check daily for chew marks.

Ft has the convinence factor.. Buy bulk.. Keep bulk.. I used to feed only live until one week my petstore was out of ft and live.. And my snake had to wait. Not horrible but not good. So i switched to ft. Even raising my own i will be culling and freezing most of what i produce. A snake on ft mice rats or asf in my opinion is more valuable.. Slightly. Ill pick a ft eater over a live eater any day.

But if ur in a situation where your feeding tons of snakes. I know most of the big breeders go away from the caresheeys and just throw them in. And walk away.. And then come back in a bit and take out the uneaten ones.. Thus no waste like you will have with ft and picky eaters.
    Co founder of http://www.softfurs.com an ASF specific resource.

Like us on Facebook

@theface ill be coming to edm in a few weeks. Any chance u have some breeders u would part with? Id like 2.8? Breeder age or even bred?
    Co founder of http://www.softfurs.com an ASF specific resource.

Like us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by jackfrost29 View Post
    ive always just feed live is there any other benifit to ft other then beeing able to buy in bulk and keep in the fezzer?
    if not supervised properly a live mouse/rat can seriously injure your snake. 'nuff said.
    1.0 felis catus 1.0 python regius 3.5 Elaphe Guttata Guttata 0.1 boa constrictor 0.1 morelia spilota mcdowelli 1.0 Charina (Lichanura) trivirgata trivirgata 0.1 lampropeltis getula spledida 0.1 lampropeltis triangulum sinaloae 0.1 rhacodatylus lechianus lechianus 4.0 betta splendens 0.0.6 danio rerio 0.0.2 c. clypeatus? 1.0 Fiance (homo sapien)