Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anaconda for sale

aaron Guest

Wink Anaconda for sale

Just wanted to throw out that there is a Green Anaconda for sale at a pet store here in Prince George. I think the laws are nothing here compared to Alberta where I know that would be illegal but does anyone know if it is here? I would love to have a large snake like that but with a baby on the way...... anaconda.... doesn't sound like the best idea. Besides I doubt that its captive bred. What do you all think?
    Last edited by aaron; 03-12-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Default Re: Anaconda for sale

Captive bred anacondas are not that uncommon. If it's larger, perhaps it was just a pet that was given up to the store. They are legal in BC, but Prince George will have the last say if it's legal where you live.
    Ian Kanda
    I'm happy to represent both the herp hobby and conservation.
    Please donate here to save gartersnakes! http://igg.me/p/725959/x/6825185

jaylow? Guest

id say just leave it there. dont cause any un-needed attention. after someone gets caught with that without a permit , there might be a alberta exotic ban. hope that never happens though.

jaylow?... that person is in Prince George... BC. However, your advice to leave it there is good advice. They do become giant snakes, and I'm not too sure of their temperament. If you want a larger snake try finding a locale of boa constrictor that gets up in length and girth. Aren't there some locales that get up to 10ft?

Or get a dumeril's. Because they're gorgeous, stay a manageable size and are still bigger than your avg ball python. And they're nice. And I love them.

Alberta Bred Geckos Guest

Yea an Anaconda is no small undertaking for sure. I'd carefully consider a purchase of that magnatude...littlerally. They average 20+ft. Just housing the snake once it starts getting older is amajor undertaking, nevermind feedings!

I would never want to own an anaconda, I wouldn't want a pet that could potentially eat me!I saw a video once of an anconda that brought down a water buffalo and swallowed it no prob. and they are preety big.So if an anaconda can eat one of them why would it hesitate to eat it's owner. And from what I've heard they are not friendly snakes.
    http://kryptonianreptiles.webs.com
    Kryptonian Reptiles is now on facebook, add as a friend.
    Can't stop playing with my balls!

Or get a dumeril's. Because they're gorgeous, stay a manageable size and are still bigger than your avg ball python. And they're nice. And I love them.
    Yay Apryl! Anacondas are notorious for being aggressive,defiantly not an animal for the inexperienced.I'd LOVE to have one but to properly house them you should have a semi aquatic enclosure,not an easy task for a snake of that size.

jaylow? Guest

sorry i thought he was talking about bringing it here for someone. my bad.

yeah, a bitter snake that could eat people is something that only the most experienced should even consider. Not to mention the financial burden of proper husbandry for something that big.

If you're that guy though, good for you!

Also the pure power of one is unreal.By far the most powerfull snake on the market.I had a chance to handel a 7footer years ago and that made a 12 foot burm look like a wimp.