PDA

View Full Version : Hermit Crab racing

snakedancer
11-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey- does any body know who it was that had Hermit Crab races at one of the recent ERAS reptile shows? We are looking to 'rent' some for a birthday party....

Kryptonian
11-26-2007, 09:39 PM
That was me. My track is currently in storage but I have to go to my storage unit later this week but you can do races on the floor by taking masking tape and making two circles. a small one in the middle surrounded by a bigger one. You put the crabs in the middle and first one to the edge of the bigger circle is the winner. I have less crabs ( more into the snakes). I have 4 smaller crabs and 2 big strawberry crabs, about the size of a tennis ball. When were you thinking? Also my transportation is limited so where's the party?

snakedancer
12-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi there,
The party is in Edmonton (Riverdale). I could also help with transportation. Can you tell me please what the cost is for renting the crabs and the set -up to do the crab races (we can certainly set up a track with your advice). We'd likely only do the races for 30 minutes.

Dec 16 from 4-7pm is our date for the party
Thanks for the reply!

Kryptonian
12-02-2007, 08:30 PM
I've never rented out crabs before so i don't know what to charge. are you wanting to just pick up the crabs or do you need me to go with them? I live in ellereslie so not to far away.I have the 2 bigger crabs and 4 small ones. The smaller ones are more likely to come out of thier shells as the bigger ones are preety shy.The track I used at the show is out in storage and i am not going up there this month, it's preety far away and my car is not doing well. If you want to do races it would be best eo set up a circle track(my other track is like a drag race).I might be able to make another before then.make me an offer for price,not sure what the going rate for crab rental is.

snakedancer
12-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Hm.. I have no idea what the going rate is either! We are on a really tight budget right now so I couldn't afford more than $15. I could come to you and get the 4 smaller crabs and build my own track. I could come in the late morning and return them to you by the end of the evening. Do you have an email address so we can be in touch more regularly ( I don't have the ability to check this forum very often) ...

Kryptonian
12-03-2007, 08:44 PM
pm for email address