PDA

View Full Version : argh!! stupid crickets

darkhelmet
07-29-2008, 09:44 PM
I went to check on my spiders tonight and feed the ones that needed feeding, and i check my P. Ornata which i gave a cricket on sunday night, and he's dead!!! his abdomen was oozing and he was done :( argh!!! that's two spiders i've lost to stupid crickets. i think from now on if the cricket isn't eaten within about 30 minutes it's coming out :( argh so mad at myself right now.

does anybody have a P. Ornata, leg span 2-2.5 inches or so?

Michael
07-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Wow, i'm really sorry to hear that:( Are you sure it was the cricket though? if the abdomen was ruptured, it's possible it took a fall and landed at a bad angle. I noticed a few days ago after i misted my P. regalis there was condensation developing on the sides of the enclosure. She was trying to climb the glass but i could see she was slipping. She got about halfway up then lost all grip and took a 7" fall to the bottom of the cage. Luckily she landed on her feet and was no worse for wear.

Sorry for your loss.

darkhelmet
07-29-2008, 10:45 PM
pretty sure it was the cricket...the enclosure was a deli cup with dirt and moss stuff with a got amount of webbing, so if the spider fell and hurt itself, i'd actually be impressed.

Ashleigh
07-29-2008, 11:37 PM
crickets were getting loose in my apartment because my exo terra tank had the little slits open. Now the slits are closed but before they were not.So now i kill everyone i find since if they get out of my apart people will complain to the landlord which is me..hahahaha
i hate crickets ugh, they hide everywhere!

AbraxasComplex
07-30-2008, 12:06 AM
crickets were getting loose in my apartment because my exo terra tank had the little slits open. Now the slits are closed but before they were not.So now i kill everyone i find since if they get out of my apart people will complain to the landlord which is me..hahahaha
i hate crickets ugh, they hide everywhere!

I'm considering releasing a House Gecko in my room for that reason. My room stays 75'F and higher all year long... and lots of food.

moses
07-30-2008, 12:11 AM
if there in deli cups and little pill bottles just pre kill them and toss them right in i havent had a tarantula not take it yet unless it was ready to molt !!!!!!

Ollie
07-30-2008, 06:20 AM

does anybody have a P. Ornata, leg span 2-2.5 inches or so?
Sorry about your P. ornata. I
I have one that is about that size that I could sell. Make me an offer.

GreenEyedHawk
07-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Awww that sucks bigtime, sorry for your loss.

nox invictus profundum
07-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Hmmm. My cricket escapees head for the basement usually, where a half dozen or so various Latrodectus (widow spiders) await them. Just release a couple widow spiders and they'll take care of everything you don't want around (in that size range of course). Worried about venemous spiders?? Have fun being scared, they would rather hang out in places you cant go anyways. You probably have at least one species of Latrodectus in your home already and never knew it.

frogreincarnated
07-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Hmmm. My cricket escapees head for the basement usually, where a half dozen or so various Latrodectus (widow spiders) await them. Just release a couple widow spiders and they'll take care of everything you don't want around (in that size range of course). Worried about venemous spiders?? Have fun being scared, they would rather hang out in places you cant go anyways. You probably have at least one species of Latrodectus in your home already and never knew it.

That's kinda creepy thanks for the info.Now I'll never go in my basement:eek: LOL:D

Cody
07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
That's kinda creepy thanks for the info.Now I'll never go in my basement:eek: LOL:D

You think thats creepy, I know a lady who found a type of widow in her red grapes she bought from Sobeys. So now I looking at every fruit I buy, just to make sure there is nothing hiding in there.

Ollie
07-30-2008, 09:29 PM
You think thats creepy, I know a lady who found a type of widow in her red grapes she bought from Sobeys. So now I looking at every fruit I buy, just to make sure there is nothing hiding in there.

Jeez, some people have all the luck!

frogreincarnated
07-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Described shreek of terror.........."eekk!!" Followed by hair raised on the back of my neck.
Trantulas dont bother me so much It's the surprise of sticking my hand through an invisible web that gets me.Yea I know...childish

Cody
07-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Jeez, some people have all the luck!

Yeah, she let it loose outside her house, I wish she would of told me when it happened, I would of caught me a new pet.