PDA

View Full Version : from a pair to a threesome

Neil
06-11-2008, 10:29 PM
I was given a pair of adult Norte De santanders at the last show by a friend.He said that there used to be 3 in the enclosure but has only seen 2 lately.I look in on them at least a couple times a day and have only ever seen 2 a female and a mature male.Tonight I was on the phone with Scott when I looked in and saw 3 bugs! The female and 2 mature males! I was amazed I looked very closely a few times when buddy said there may be 3 but never saw the third till now,very cool.:)

jennayoung99
06-11-2008, 10:39 PM
wooh !!! awesome , neat surprise.

maegan
06-11-2008, 10:45 PM
yah, i wonder where he was hiding for so long! and why?! territorial issues maybe.

Alberta Bred Geckos
06-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Is this a type of T Neil??

Cody
06-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Its always nice when you end up with more than you thought you had. I dont remember, have you posted pictures of them at all yet?

Neil
06-12-2008, 12:27 AM
These are the pics I posted of the female,the color is off from bad lighting though.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/snakeneil/019-1.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/snakeneil/020.jpg

lordoftheswarms
06-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Hey Neil I PM you a while ago asking about how frequently the rescue page is updated. I also asked if any leopard geckos were showing up. I would be interesting in adopting some maybe. Whats the status?

Ollie
06-12-2008, 07:48 AM
Bonus, Neil but you know that you can't keep three of them together. Better send the female my way!

Krystal-Rose
06-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Why can't you keep them together? And if you can't wouldn't it be one of the males that had to go not the female?

Jackie

Cody
06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Right, still lookin good, I am clearly an impulse buyer when it comes to inverts, I see them and want them. And now I want one of those.

At least I dont regret buying any of them, simply because they are just so much fun. I had friends who always told me how boring tarantula's are, try chasing a GBB across the table and tell me after how bored you were. I means its just so cool watching them, they are damn cute when tiny(which I never thought I would say about an arachnid). I mean how can you not laugh at one of those little A.seemani doing a somersault dive after a cricket. Or the A.versicolors hopping about from hand to hand.

I vote everyone should have at least one tarantula!

Neil
06-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Neil but you know that you can't keep three of them together.
So I'm told,I asked Amanda from Tar Can if this species was communal like the H.incei's are and she said that they aren't,however the guy I got these from bought them all as spiderlings and has kept them together their entire lives and they are doing fine.The cage they are in has lots of places to hide so maybe that's why they have been able to coexist.

Better send the female my way
Trade you a male for that H.incei female...
Here's a pic of their cage.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/snakeneil/003-24.jpg

Cody
06-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Thats a nice setup you got there, I was thinking of someting something like that for my A.avicularia. Nice door too.