PDA

View Full Version : Exciting!

Jessicas
06-02-2008, 09:20 PM
ok i have finally got the nerve to handle my emperors(well one at least) without gloves. wow what a feeling it was to have it crawling all over my hand and arm. i think the whole time i was thinking it was going to sting me and i would die LOL well anyway, there is a question in my madness. at work the other day i was scolded for handling them on a regular basis. i am really slow and now that they know me better i don't pick them up by the tail(which was advised) anyway.... is it fine to handle them if i don't cause any damage to my little guys(or me)?

Alberta Bred Geckos
06-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Well, I think handling them will always be an element of risk for both you, and the scorps. If you can do it carefully, and with no problems, should be fine I'm guessing. I'd be sure to not have them very far off the ground, so that if they fall, they do not hurt themselves badly.

Tho always keep in mind, they may sting eventually, I'd just take care to ensure that someone else is around when handling them so you can get medical attention incase you have a reaction.