PDA

View Full Version : Arachnid memories

Cody
04-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Post all your fun/scary arachnid memories.

Just today I dropped a cricket into my A.avicularia's bottle, thing landed right on the T and the avic shot out of the bottle with a huge jump and landed right on my cheek, scared the crap out of me and the T. Had one hell of a time getting it back in the bottle.

Another fun time is everytime I open up my A.versicolors bottle, he usually sits around the bottom or middle of the bottle, but everytime I open it he comes up for a visit on my hand...then arm, then he usually jumps to my other hand(its always close enough for him to do so). The odd time he makes it onto the table and makes a break for it, luckily I always have a deli cup ready.

A few days ago my B.smithi nearly got away on me, he cant really climb too well, so I can usually do his maintenance right at my computer desk(right beside the tanks). Well this time I couldnt see him, so I opened up the bottle and put down the lid, well he was on the lid and soon he scurried onto my keyboard, luckily the spaces between keys is too small for even him to go through. It was a bit of a waiting game as he ran through the labyrinth until he finally scurried off of it, and right back into his bottle.

Neil
04-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Yea, you gotta watch them 'lil ones! My versi's are the same way,every time I open the bottles they bolt!I was at Ollie's the other day and he has a near adult and it is pretty calm,maybe ours will chill when they get bigger.I think I mentioned that the one wasn't doing well at the meeting,it died the other day.I think I hurt it trying to get it back in it's bottle.

Cody
04-21-2008, 10:18 AM
I think I mentioned that the one wasn't doing well at the meeting,it died the other day.I think I hurt it trying to get it back in it's bottle.

Yeah you did mention that, one of my B.albopilosum's died the other day, thought it might be molting..but unfortunately it did not.

guitarlixx
04-21-2008, 11:44 AM
We got a couple B. Albopilosum from Mads last year at the Red Deer show for the store and I brought one of them into the office to play with it, and my boss was really freaked out. So of course, thinking it was funny about how scared she was, I got a little cocky in playing with it. Well, I think as I was laughing, I accidentally blew some air onto the T and it bolted right up my arm, checked out the inside of my sleeve, then bolted again onto my back. My boss FREAKED and I was so startled because it happened so fast. I couldn't reach to where the T was, and my boss refused to go anywhere near it, so we had to call somebody else willing to touch it and grab it for me to get it back into it's enclosure. lol then of course, the same night, my B. Smithi bolted up onto my boyfriend's back and I had to rescue it...but I was still so shaken from the day's incident that I just did not want to touch it. What a day!

huggorm
04-21-2008, 11:48 AM
I had a Phoneutria on the run in my apartment (escaped while been packed)
The most stressful 4 hrs of searching ever