PDA

View Full Version : Tracking molts etc on your inverts

Ollie
04-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Here's a link to a free program you can use to keep track of your T's and when adapted very slighty, your scorpions or probably any other inverts.

http://www.tarantulas.us/forums/showthread.php?t=3031

I use it extensively since I'm bad at procastinating otherwise. This is pretty simple especially if you have a lot of critters.

Ollie

darkhelmet
04-16-2008, 06:09 PM
on a side note...i'm currently writing an application to track this kind of thing. it is a web application that will work for reptiles and inverts, and should work fine for amphibians too...just throwing it out there :)

I'm going to make it available for everybody to try, so i find bugs, make improvements, etc, once i get it to a point where i feel i want to let people use it

Alberta Bred Geckos
04-16-2008, 06:40 PM
I was planning on just using a spreadsheet like I do with my feeding records for my snakes :)

joeysgreen
04-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Until I get a laptop for the herp room I'll be a pen and paper style record keeper. I keep a duotang of loose leaf next to each cage. In the back of each booklet is caresheets, vet records and other related information.

Alberta Bred Geckos
04-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Yea I'm lucky? I guess lol My PC is nice and close to my enclosures, so as I feed everyone or do stuff like mist hides ect, I track it on my PC or my calendar. Good ole pen and paper works pretty good tho Ian, when you get a Laptop or the likes tho, have fun transferring the info to the PC!

I have CDs I continue to burn info files onto until the CDs full :) Pretty much, I can look back up hatch dates, lay dates ect if someone gives me a hatchling #, but I as well like the paper receipts myself, something that I will always do for my "customers" so they have a reciept.

darkhelmet
04-16-2008, 11:54 PM
i'm a software engineer and all around computer nerd, so i'm never far from a computer...i try to put as much stuff on it as possible. i dislike paper :P

TJEATWORLD
04-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Cool idea! Thanks Ollie!

Neil
04-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks Ollie,I like the pre entered species I hate typing and scientific names are the worst!Can you add names that aren't on the list? I've got 1 that isn't listed.

Ollie
04-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Yes you can and its easy or I couldn't do it:D