PDA

View Full Version : Pokie mania

Neil
03-28-2008, 04:08 PM
The more I look into this group of Tarantulas the more interested I get.I'm curious which species you guys keep. I've got 1 P.ornata,2 P.regalis and 1 P. metallica all of which are newly acquired spiderlings from Tarantula Canada.

Michael
03-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Pokies certainly are a special group, one of the more attractive genre out there that's for sure (not to mention expensive)

I have 2 P. regalis and 1 P. ornata. The regalis are a mature female (7" legspan) and unsexed juvie (about 4"-4.5" legspan) and the ornata is just a sling, probably a sac mate of yours:)

From what i have seen, P. regalis and P. ornata are about the cheapest pokies you can get and they are very underrated for this reason, i think a mature female regalis is just about the most beautiful T there is.

huggorm
03-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Right now only a group of regalis. I used to keep fasciata, formosa, ornata, subfusca, rufilata and pederseni but now im pleased with only the regalis. In my opinion they dont differ that much in behaviour and regalis is the classic so the choice was easy

fullofquestions
03-29-2008, 10:55 AM
right now i'm just waiting to get myself an Indian Ornamental !!

Neil
03-29-2008, 11:45 AM
right now i'm just waiting to get myself an Indian Ornamental !!

Did you see the add in the classifieds? Tarantula Canada has them for $20 (P.regalis)!! I got 2 of them on my last order feisty 'lil guys,they defiantly like their food!
http://www.edmontonreptiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2331

Tarantula Canada
03-29-2008, 06:04 PM
We currently keep P. ornata, P. fasciata, P. formosa, P. pederseni, P. metallica, P. rufilata, P. striata, P. regalis, P. miranda, P. tigrinawesseli and P. subfusca. We had a huge P. smithi female a few years ago, but nature and old age took their course:(

Of all of the species my favorites are P. subfusca and P. miranda.

We are currently incubating an eggsac of P. striata, so (fingers crossed) we hope to get some less expensive spiderlings on the Canadian market.

Michael
03-29-2008, 06:26 PM
We currently keep P. ornata, P. fasciata, P. formosa, P. pederseni, P. metallica, P. rufilata, P. striata, P. regalis, P. miranda, P. tigrinawesseli and P. subfusca. We had a huge P. smithi female a few years ago, but nature and old age took their course:(

That just about covers every species doesn't it (except for 3 if i'm not mistaken)? out of curiosity, do you have a pic of the P. smithi? i have never seen one but i would love to:)

Tarantula Canada
03-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Here is the photo of the P. smithi we had:

http://www.tarantulacanada.ca/gallery/images/90.jpg

Alberta Bred Geckos
03-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Wow crazy she blends in pretty good on that cork bark! Neat :)

RayW
04-07-2008, 02:59 PM
my Pokies are P.regalis,straita,rufilata,fasciata