PDA

View Full Version : Hand fed Pink toe... accidentally ha!

Spidermat
12-21-2007, 11:22 PM
So tonight i was going to feed my A. Avicularia. The crickets we just bought were a little dormant from the ride home cuz the car was chilli. I warmed up the cricket ti'll he was moving around a bit and went to offer it to the decent sized spider. The spider was on the glass and i went to place the cricket on the glass near the spider. As i brought it close it must have touched her a little cuz before i knew it she pounced and before i could react she snatched the cricket right out of my hand!!! I know she's very gentle i've handled her lots but that was intense!!

cburte
12-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Yikes! I think having a tarantula eat out of my hand would be a bit much! Gentle as she might be, they can't even see what they are doing! lol
Well good thing it turned okay for you... makes for a good story after the fact!

Spidermat
12-21-2007, 11:55 PM
here is the culprit... very glad she was precise i didn't want that to be my first tarantula bite!! lol:cool:
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj244/mats4322/PC220061.jpg

animalover
12-22-2007, 12:10 AM
I think you should invest in some tweezers Mat! You should know better than to place food in front of a pigs mouth!LOL!! I wish I would have seen it.:p

Alberta Bred Geckos
12-22-2007, 01:23 AM
haha I bet the look on your face would have been priceless LOL

guitarlixx
12-22-2007, 10:01 AM
lol that's awesome!
I love how pink toes pounce, it's so cute ^_^
We had a baby one at the store that would hop from hand to hand and it was the cutest thing...until it would jump a little too far and make a break for it! But we always got him back. What a little cutie <3

Michael
12-22-2007, 02:15 PM
nice story, i have yet to have that happen to me, i don't use my hands in the enclosure when one of them is near by for that very reason (especially since alot of mine are on the more potent side of the spectrum):)

That's a very nice looking avic you have there, do you know if it's a male or female?

animalover
12-22-2007, 02:37 PM
We are not completely positive but is looks female to us. We didn't get to see her last molt. It was all broken up inside her crazy web.

Spidermat
12-22-2007, 04:47 PM
nice story, i have yet to have that happen to me, i don't use my hands in the enclosure when one of them is near by for that very reason (especially since alot of mine are on the more potent side of the spectrum):)

That's a very nice looking avic you have there, do you know if it's a male or female?

thanks Michael i really like her.... all my spiders are on the not so potent side and all handleable....well i haven't tried my Seemanni yet but we'll see haha

animalover
12-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Ya thats what you think!! Too fast to be out I think!:mad:

Neil
12-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Be real careful handling that pink toe,they are known for taking flying leaps from your hand,the landing can kill them.